1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Falcon Acquisition

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by raisingale, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Jan 23, 2010
    Congrats on joining the Falcon club. The more I read, the more I want one though I haven't made the plunge yet. They are still making new Falcons aren't they? They seem to be but everyone talks about them like they're antiques. I'm not interested in haggling for and worrying about an eBay purchase. I don't have an account. What made you choose used over new?
  2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Feb 11, 2010
    Rich at 4noggins sells them new. 65 bucks as I recall...I bought mine estate on ebay 'cuz 20 dollars(what I paid...others get'em cheaper)... is less expensive, no other reason.
  3. cst

cst Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Congrats! I'd thought about bidding on that one.
    As to new or used, I've got four used (one from our own classifeds and the others from eBay) and I've gotta say, I won't buy another used one. The one I got from ddandb on this site was pretty clean but the others took
    more than a good soak and scrub with everclear and polish. More effort than I feel is worth even for ten dollar pipes. Anymore I don't even consider the state of the stem when looking at them on eBay. I'm only looking at the bowls now. I figure $35 for a new stem from 4noggins is reasonable should I need a new one. On the other hand ten bucks or less for a used bowl ain't bad. I just received an unsmoked spool shaped bowl I got through eBay for $9.99 and that's hard to beat. I did have to sand the stain out of the bowl though.
    They're good pipes. It seems like I am only smoking these and meers anymore. I like them so much I'm thinking of selling my briars.
  4. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    There's a falcon story on this website for all you members of the falcon club!

And if you end up looking for part 2 of the story, it's right here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.