1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Falcon mouth pieces.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by WillH, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillH

WillH Active Member

Saw an old Falon pipe stem for sale in a local junk shop (antique store). The pipe needs a the plastic mouth piece other wise it not to bad. Doesn't have a bowl either!

Will

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

When I'm on Spanish territory I love going to the Flea Markets which are popular and can be very large = enough to take a whole morning to go round. They sell things like that and bits of old machinery that you'd need to have the original instruction book to know what the bit was in the first place!

That Falcon would have went down big there!

Best to all

Gerry

3. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Is the falcon mouthpiece something you can buy separately? It might be a nice way to get a cheap falcon.

4. WillH

WillH Active Member

Hummmm..... let me see here....so you're saying I need to go to a Spanish Flea market to get a mouth piece? Sorry, my globe trotting days are history.

I did some hunting around and discovered that the mouth piece and stem are a single unit. Apprantly they glue the two pieces together. Guess in this case the glue didn't hold?

Will

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi Will

Yes on the normal Falcons ( but not the International Series ) they are sealed together and the instructions say you invalidate the guarantee if you try to remove the mouthpiece.

Until this morning I had never ever seen a Falcon mouthpiece on sale separately - but on Ebay UK today there was one for £4.50 new, and it was for a standard Falcon.

I don't kmow how they seal them together - glue/ heat??

Best

gerry

6. WillH

WillH Active Member

I kinda like the stem - it's one of those twisted deals! The price was right - the shop owner was gonna just give me the thing. I said not until I could find a mouth piece - I know bowls are easy to buy!

Anyhoo, does Falcon have a factory somewhere and a way of making contact? I would drop them a line if there was a email address or physical address. I heard they had move off to Dublin??

Will

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Will, here's the contact details
    http://www.mertonandfalcon.co.uk/contact.htm

8. Philthy

Philthy Member

Let us know if you find separate mouthpieces strongirish. I could use a couple myself. The two I still have are a bit chewed up.

9. phinz

phinz Active Member

I found some replacement mouthpieces on a website one time, but stupid me didn't bookmark it and I haven't been able to find the web site since. :crybaby:

10. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All

The one I saw this morning was on Ebay UK under tobacciana - I just used ebay's search and asked for Falcon Pipes.

Will the adress Dondi's given you is right - from what I hear the new owners are trying to take the brand a little up market, even producing "Pipe of the Year" sets. It could well be worth asking them if they'd fit a mouthpiece for you; if the stem you've found is a "special" they might do it,

Best to all

Gerry

11. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

I ve had falcons that came apart. I don't think there is any glue, they are just a very tight fit. I think the problem with removing the mouthpiece is due to the possible damage to the smoke tube, it's very thin and enters the mouthpiece.
    New mouthpieces are available, I have seen them on the net.

PS you could also have a mouthpiece made. It would still make a cheap pipe.

12. phinz

phinz Active Member

13. WillH

WillH Active Member

Dondi,

You are a gentleman and scholar! I appreciate your help very much. Yes indeed. Shucks you saved me a trip to the Spanish flea market - that's worth a lot! :thumbsu:

Email is sent and I will share the results.

Will

14. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Glad to have helped. Hoping all ends well!

15. WillH

WillH Active Member

Well, is been a few days now (4) and I've heard nothing from Falcon? Must be extremely busy! :whistle: I assume from the silence that they're only interest in selling a few pipes and not too concerned about after the sale business.

Will

16. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

This is a bit off course and I haven't really looked into it much, but can you buy a Falcon ready to smoke? If so are they real expensive and are most of the bowls and such interchangable?

When I was a kid the damn things were popping up like rabbits everywhere. Now the only place I see or hear of them is online. :dunno:

17. WillH

WillH Active Member

Sure you can buy a new one, but that's not the point of this thread.

A shop owner was donna give me a nice twisted Falcon shank - can't buy those now cuz them don't make them any more - I liked it! Problem is it's old and is missing a the plastic stem/mouth piece.

No! They are not very expensive as pipes go!

But, if they are intended to be a throw away pipe just because if need a mouth piece? - bummer

A $64.00 thrown away pipe kinda goes against my penny pinching nature. Hell, that's 6 tins of good tobacco!

Will

18. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Understood. It was a passing thought because I'd never seen what you may call a "basic" falcon for sale all ready to go...if that makes any sense. I sometimes have a hard time turning the thoughts in my head into words anyone can understand.

Hope you're able to find a good solution.

19. rusty

rusty Member

Hi Mike, new ones are all ready to go. I do think its a design flaw, if thats the word, to not have removeable mouthpieces. I actually took mine off not realising I shouldnt have, and its fine. Just replaced the mouthpiece while supporting the twisty tube in the middle to stop any distortion. Now Ill bet they didnt have this problem with Alco's ?

20. WillH

WillH Active Member

Seems to me it's a little known or disclosed flaw. Heck you can get mouth pieces for Kirsten pipes (http://www.kirstenpipe.com/page_pricelist.shtml ) and Corn Cob pipes ( http://www.corncobpipe.com/home.php?cat=278) !

Will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.