1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Falcon Stems

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Aes28, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aes28

Aes28 Member

Thinking about buying a Falcon pipe but I dislike the chrome stem. I've found some of the Hunter series on ebay which are brown/black and I was wondering if buying one of those and pairing it with a bowl directly from Falcon would work?

I ask because I've read that some of the older bowls have gaskets or washers that could cause them to not work and since Falcon doesn't seem to sell anything but the Chrome stems anymore, maybe the two won't fit?

2. Aes28

Aes28 Member

I guess the brown stem is actually called the Falcon Extra line. I find it to be the best looking of the three so I'd love a conclusive answer as to whether this stem would work with any of the bowls currently available.

Edit: Turns out I didn't get this in the forum I meant to put it in. Sorry!

3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Have you checked out premier pipes website, they have all kinds of colored Falcon stems and bowls, a Falcon bowl will fir any Falcon stem.

4. Aes28

Aes28 Member

No, I hadn't. Is it just premierpipes.com?

5. Aes28

Aes28 Member

Err, yea, looks like this just links back to falconpipes.com which is where I had noticed that they don't have the Extra series (anodized brown color) or Hunter series (anodized? and black) stems listed at all. Also the link to Rainbow stems, does nothing.

6. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Have a look at Greens of Leeds and James Barber Tobacconist websites, they are UK tobacconist.

7. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Greens are supplied by Barber (the main wholesaler) and for some reason are a lot cheaper!

cobbsmoker likes this.
  8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Yes, this will work. Except for the
    International line, each bowl will
    fit each stem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.