1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Looking Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Spaceboy Tim, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I was trying hard to remember what got me interested in pipe smoking. It took me a little while but I remembered it was because of Lord of the Rings. I thought the pipes looked really cool with the long stems and the simple but nice bowls. Anyway, I thought I would look into churchwardens to see if there's one that I could get like the ones from the movie and I found this site:

I was just curious if anyone here has gotten a pipe from here. They look cool but I have no idea if maple stems are any good or if the crafting of the pipes look good. Also, do you guys know of any other less well known pipe makers who do churchwardens for an affordable price?
  2. scworrell

scworrell Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I'd like to start by saying I'm no expert, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents anyway. Check these out.
    Carey's Smoke Shop
    Pipes and Cigars

I plan to eventually get a churchwarden also. Nordings are known to be good quality smokers. They aren't nearly as long as the ones you were looking at, but personally I'd be a little weary of having a 12-18" stem made of wood. Seems to me it would crack easily. But again, that's just me.
  3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Those look great i love churchwardens and i would buy one of those some day, there is just something about the wardens for me the look of them the cool smoke, the feel of them in your hand, just love em!!!!
  4. WillH

WillH Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Careful! Someone's gonna read this a pass a law that tobacco is a gateway drug and shut down all sales of Lord of the Rings. :startle:

5. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

Jun 26, 2010
    A while back I bought a "fantasy" style "Ranger" pipe, but not from the same place as your link. I bought the pipe mainly as a display piece but I did smoke it a couple of times. It's not the best pipe smoking experience I ever had. I much prefer the more modern materials over wooden stems, for one thing....
  6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    I guess they'd smoke OK, but suspect they're more for show than serious smoking. There are quite a few of these popping up with the popularity of the LOTR movies. Quality would seem to be a bit iffy..........
  7. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

May 2, 2010
    I think I'd get one just to tote around at the local Renaissance Fairs in the spring time. Last year I saw an old man with a very natural long white beard puffing away happily on a nice fantasy-looking warden. I swear he was Gandalf incarnate, even wearing the robes to prove it.
  8. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

Jul 8, 2010
  9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Reassuring Bovine Moderation Moderator

Jun 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.