1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Fate is clearly against me!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WisconsinPiper, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

So I sit down tonight to make my monthly tobacco order. I am looking to get a pound of PS Bullseye Flake and 2 tins of Club Blend. My first e-tailer of choice is smokingpipes. Hmmmmm, they seem to be out of Bullseye. Alright then, off to 4noggins instead. Hooray they have Bullseye in stock. Add to cart...check. Now navigate over to MacB.....there's Club Blend......WTF! Out of stock.

Odds of that happening - not likely.
    Odds of that happening to me today - 100%.

Anyone else have a similar experience where it seems the mighty Tobacco Gods are against them?

2. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

I have the same thing happen to me. I try to wait it out. And in the case of smokingpipes it's usually not that long a wait.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Welcome to the world of pipe tobacco e-shopping. I'd discuss this further, but my thumb isn't going to suck itself!

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

:startle:

Out of

Club Blend?

This cannot be. I will speak to Rich, and get to the bottom of this.

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Has a certain Canadian been buying in Bulk I ask!

Happy smoking when you lay hands on some

Gerry

6. telltime

telltime Active Member

While I have not ordered any Club Blend, I will say us Marylander's are all scrambling to get some final orders in before the law changes on May 1 (as discussed already in a couple of other threads).

So, if any of you find out it was "all shipped to Maryland" just remember that it's only a temporary set back for you. In a few days you won't have us to compete against... just think, when Stonehaven finally come in, folks here in MD won't be in on the mad dash.

7. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Ohhhhh yeah, happens all the time. Wanted to place an order yesterday for three Gawith Hoggarths: Kendal Flake, Ennerdale, and Bob's Chocolate (haven't had the latter two). There is a place that has all three, but they want $60/lb...

I have a standard set of McClelland tins that I always have on hand and am cellaring. There are six of 'em, and whenever I want to put the cellar one row deeper I usually have to order from at least two places to get all six. There needs to be an Amazon for tobacco. ;)

8. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

You know what's odd is since I started smoking a pipe I have made about 30 online orders and I have never had this happen to me. I'm not sure if I just smoke blends they have a deep stock of or if I have just been lucky thus far.

I had the mason jars ready and everything for that Bullseye..... :hot:

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I havent seen PS Bullseye in a while . At least a month I guess . PS Navy Flake has been going in and out as well . I cant remember a time when certain bulk blends were hard to get . Lately though , there seems to be a good number

10. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Happens here....all the time. I usually bite the bullet and make two orders.

11. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

My local baccy shop sells PS Bullseye in bulk. When I smoke the last of my supply of Dunhill Navy Rolls I'll likely just get some of the bulk Bullseye. I doubt if I could taste the difference between the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.