Favorite Flavor Tweaks? Mine is peppermint...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by vibhakti, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vibhakti

vibhakti Member

Last night, I filled my pipe with Boswell's Chocolate Cream since I was out of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Suddenly, the thought of Camel Crush cigarettes gave me a splendid idea. I ransacked my medicine cabinet for some peppermint oil, and put 6-7 drops on a paper filter, loaded it into my pipe, and had one of the greatest smoking experiences I've ever had so far (to be fair, my smoking experience is short, so that's still not saying much).

To people looking for a "menthol" taste, I highly recommend this method. It's much better than putting peppermint alcohol/oil in the tobacco. It's stronger, and you get that minty effervescence much stronger. If you smoke filter-less, maybe consider using a thin strip of a thick paper/cloth to hold the oil, a small enough that it doesn't impede airflow, but thick enough to be easy to remove and hold the oil without it dripping out.

That's my little trick for varying flavor. What are yours?

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

sorry but.......:puke:
    OT

Rodfather likes this.
  3. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

:xd:

4. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Interesting idea, vibhakti. That had never occurred to me before.

5. vibhakti

vibhakti Member

:rofl:

Yeah, the flavor is definitely not for everyone. And I definitely couldn't do it if i wasn't in the mood for it. I'm not into Virginias (yet), but I imagine that the addition of mint oil would make it taste more like a menthol cigarette. You know, for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

....why am I not surprised? :ohyh:

7. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

I really like mint flavoured things, my favorite drink is pepermint cordial. If I remember correctly one of our members was tying to make a Mint flavoured tobacco, Im not sure what happend to that idea though.

8. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I think the course of therapy is still in progress.
    OT

dwaugh likes this.
  9. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

...Rum.

Wideawake75 and vibhakti like this.
  10. Wideawake75

Wideawake75 Member

+1 on Rum! Bourbon and vanilla is good, cask rum and vanilla is damn near a perfect summer smoke.

11. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Rum ain't bad- my favorite though has to be whatever those boys in Kendal are using. Which reminds me- OT, I seem to remember some saying about stones and glass 25g flake packets ;)

12. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I tried sprinkling some snuff on top of a bowl of plain tobacco a while ago. It dixnt go so well for me but I may try it with a menthol next time for sh_ts and giggles.

13. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

I like chocolate, vanilla, moose tracks for ice cream. But mixing them with my smoke? Just dont seem natural! lol.

Stormy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.