favorite places to buy online?

Discussion in 'Need Pipe Smoking Advice? Ask an Old Fart!' started by idiotbox37, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

i've ordered from pipesandcigars.com and had a good experience (as well as bought from local shops) but what other sites are recommended? what has good selection of products as well as comparable prices?

thanks for sharing!

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Pipesandcigars.com is very good. Smokingpipes.com is another standby. Great selection of pipes (both new and estate) and tobaccos, with friendly and knowledgeable customer service. http://www.smokingpipes.com/

Of course, don't overlook Ebay for great deals on estate pipes.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I've been buying the staples from wvsmokeshop for some time . Sadly , they're not selling pipe tobacco after july . Their prices are really good and they are cool people . I'm veering toward smokingpipes as their prices seem in line .

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Mars Cigars is good for tobaccos, especially bulk, though they rarely have pipes I can't live without. Speedy shipping and reliable.

5. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Both Mars (above) and Cup-o-Joes are my go-to on line sources.

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I use Pipes and Cigars and Cup O' Joe. I've had good luck with both. I've also used Milan Tobacconist once, and good luck there as well.

4Noggins is highly recommended, but I haven't used them yet. However, when my house English blend is gone (currently C&D's Epiphany), I'm going to give 4Noggins and their Brit's Balkan a try because of the description provided by 4Noggins and the excellent reviews the blend has gotten on Tobacco Reviews.

7. Tairusu

Tairusu Member

I got introduced to pipes through paylesspipes.com and I've yet to have a bad experience with them. I also use smokingpipes.com because they seem to have the mac daddy of selection though they can be a little slow for my tastes. I've also used justforhim.com, their selection and website are both hit or miss, but they ship at light speed. My last order was placed at 2 am on saturday morning and was on my front door monday afternoon via standard shipping. Unbelievable. I am going to try 4noggins next, and I've heard good things about cupojoes.

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

I looked at these sites. I am on disability. Can anybody recomend a site that carries a good pipe for under $100.00?

9. Tairusu

Tairusu Member

A good pipe under a c-note is easy and all the listed sites here should have some. Smoking Pipes has a "Pipe Locator" that will allow you to search their pipes by style, size and price and find one that you like. You should be able to find quite a few good pipes in the 50 - 75 dollar range. Or if you want to be very price conscious then look for a MM Cob pipe, they provide a good smoke for as little as 15 bucks. Also make sure to look at estate pipes, these are "used" but often they have very few flaws besides maybe some charring on the rim.

10. woody

woody Admin Admin

I buy 99% of my stuff from smokingpipes.com

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

+1 (literally) SP has always been
    the source of my TAD & PAD. 100%! :thumb:

dp

12. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thank you all! I have looked at the MM site and am going to get a Cob pipe. Will check out smokingpipes.com, Beale.

13. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Check the Peterson and Stanwell sections at smokingpipes, and you'll see plenty!

14. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

lil brown is also good.

15. r0n54

r0n54 Member

+2 SP gets 100% of my online purchases now a days, is fast and always correct.

16. redskull13

redskull13 Member

My choice of preference is Pipes and Cigars as they take orders in which I can use Paypal.
    I just ordered a shipment of baccy and they were prompt in sending my order.
    I hope to have it sometime this week.

17. slprl1

slprl1 Member

I just ordered a great Peterson 2011 St. Patrick's Day limited edition pipe for $76.00 from Pipes and cigars.com. This will be a great pipe for the price. Also, I ordered a very nice Ben Wade pipe from Cup O' Joes for around the same price. Give the pipes and and these 2 websites a try. Both are very reputable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.