FESS pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mr Bojangles, May 12, 2013.

1. Mr Bojangles

Mr Bojangles Member

I've done a search and found nothing on here about FESS pipes. As a newb, I bought a standard Dr. Grabow, but wanted a long pipe. I found one of their churchwardens on Amazon and have had it for a while now. It's not the nicest pipe, but it smokes good and I was wondering if anyone else out there has one or has any opinion on these.
  2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

There should be a fair amount of info on them, when I considered one, I found less than enthusiastic reviews, but if its dirt cheap, and it lasts a month and saves you a bunch to see if you really like CW, then go for it, but as I said, I did not find much in favor of them
  3. esteban

esteban I'd Like to buy the World a Coke

ditto, Thuber88 ^
    Thuber88 likes this.
  4. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

Any pictures you'd like to post of it?
  5. Mr Bojangles

Mr Bojangles Member

6. WAMPipe13

WAMPipe13 Member

I have looked at those, but I don't see what kind of wood it is made from? I would be leery of a "wood" pipe or anything shipping from China or Ukraine. I have heard stories... not good ones.
    KingsTarantula likes this.
  7. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

I have one. It is one of my three pipes. Actually my wife ordered it off eslay by mistake. She was suppose to be ordering a Kaywoodie but somehow didn't. Smoking the FESS now. I'm a new piper so I have little to go on, but it seems to smoke well. It is starting to build up cake and the bowl never even gets warm. The stem is plastic so I've been looking for a replacement. I think this pipe will be good to practice rustification on.
  8. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I have one of the pear wood pipes from the Ukraine, my son got for me off ebay. It is an excellent pipe. I would recommend it.
    Hawkwood likes this.