First bowl of PSF's PTOY.... Kickin' Chicken from C&D

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco Reviews' started by Darkly, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

First off, thanks again to Rew and C&D and all the folks there and here that had a hand in gettin this tobacco into my hands.

First bowl impressions...
    Smelled the tin upon opening it and it smelled warm and pleasantly earthy with a scent of sweetness and just a touch of.. what I can only describe as twang... was a very mild aroma and I had to nearly put my nose in the tin to smell it good.
    I pulled out the pressed cake of baccy and used my thumbnail to scratch off enough for a bowl. It felt only slightly moist..
    Packed it three tier style in one of my freshly cleaned and scraped MM Legend bent with danish bit..
    The flavor literally reminded me of a nice deep dark bbq sauce.. something like Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Spicy flavor with a strong tobacco flavor backbone...
    About half way through the little bowl, I got KICKED!
    Yep... most pipe tobbys don't kick me in the head as I have a pretty strong nic tolerance.. but WOW!
    It was a strong enough kick that I felt compelled to go fix me a sammich! I relight the bowl and finished it all the way down with almost no dottle and no moisture in the bottom of my cob. Then I just leaned back in my office chair and let my head loll back and enjoyed the ride!
    This'll definitely be a wonderful after work and latenight smoke for me. Can't wait to see what some time in the cellar does for it...
    Final thoughts... summed up in three little words...
  2. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Look! Up in the sky! It's a... goat?

:haha: :xd: :laff: Aw man that was great! I forgot all about that, he's totally hysterical! Awesome review by the way! Can't wait to get mine! :puffy:
    Darkly likes this.
  3. Mington

Mington BM fan (Billy Martin)

I remember the kick from the sample I received earlier. I like kick! Kick, kicks @ss!
    WrightwoodJohn, Rewster66 and Darkly like this.
  4. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

Sounds killer. I am glad the C&D fellas did a good job for you all.
    Darkly likes this.
  5. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Nice review Jerry! It done me the same way the first time I smoked it. I was puffing on it like a steam engine going up a great big hill and enjoying every minute of it, then I got "kicked" pretty good myself. After I knew what to expect and restrained myself on the cadence it really left me feeling satisfied.:)
    Darkly likes this.
  6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner One Burley SOB

Great review. I came home from work today and found two tins of Chick magnet and two tins of Kickin' Chicken in the mail. Problem is that I've got way too much tobacco opened as it is. I'd like to wait until I finish off one of the other tobaccos, but I'm not sure I can wait. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
    Darkly likes this.
  7. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

Open one of each, take out a bit to sample and put the rest in an airtight mason. Waiting to try a new, highly anticipated blend always suck the root.
    Mington, Old Codger and Rewster66 like this.
  8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner One Burley SOB

I caved, and I'm smoking some right now... Yezzir!
    Rewster66, Darkly and dwaugh like this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

My first bowl of KC was pretty good. I enjoyed it so I filled up another back to back. Got 1/3 in and started hiccuping. Guess you shouldn't do that on an empty stomach.
    Rewster66 likes this.
  10. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Your right, you can get by with it on most stuff but there are a few blends that won't let you.;)
  11. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I have a pretty high tolerance for nic but that got me. It was a little sneaky too. The first bowl was smooth.
    Rewster66 likes this.
  12. Beale

Beale Member

How do you get this tobacco?
  13. SouthBound

SouthBound Southern Fried Curmudgeon

Rewster can probably hook you up, Beale.

Forum Running
  14. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

This is true.;)
    Mington likes this.
  15. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

I'm really enjoying the KC. It's a nice change from my typical rotation of english and VaPer.
    Mington likes this.
  16. user2453

user2453 Member

I got a sample of this in the mail yesterday and smoked a little today. All I can say is it's good and strong. Reminds me a little of Jacknife plug but definitley has some nicotine. If I could order it somewhere I would. I was a pipe novice when this stuff was introduced
  17. Woody

Woody I'm working on it. Admin

It is good :puffy:
    Rewster66 likes this.