First Bowl Of The Day.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Badcompany, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

Hello Forum,
    I would like to know what you all prefer as your first smoke of the day.Do you smoke the same blend / tobacco every morning.My first pipe of the day is always ( Morning Coffee.)From Just For Him.

2. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

My first and last bowl of the day is usually an english blend. I am by myself at these points in the day, so no one complains about the smell. The rest of the day is vapers and aeros

3. erickghint

erickghint Member

Usually OGS for my first bowl of the day. Depends on my mood, though. Here lately I have been alternating between OGS and whatever English finds my interest. I never smoke aromatics in the morning. I tend to like those a bit later in the day, or after dinner.

4. tedswearingen

tedswearingen Member

I don't ordinarily have a preference. Usually it just depends what's in my desk. Right now I'm sitting on MB's Navy Mixture, Briar Fox by C&D, Stonehaven and Penzance by Esoterica and just a pinch of PS Luxury Twist Flake. On any given morning this week, that's what I'll be smoking!

5. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Something fairly simple. PA, CH, C&D strawberry.

6. WillH

WillH Active Member

I start the day with University Flake! Gawd, I hate to admit that but I do.... :whistle:

Started smoking a bowl of the UF in the AM about the a year ago with my first cup of or Russian tea! For me it's a perfect combination and just seems to get the day going! Dunno, maybe it's and old age thing.....need a blast of caffeine and nicotine to wake up! :startle:

Will

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

With me, it varies...but most days, it'll be my favorite 'bulk' ('cuz I have plenty) 5100. However, I think any flavourful, nicotene rich blend will do.

8. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I do not always have a morning pipe, but when I do it is usually bed and breakfast from Two Friends or Good Morning from C&D.

9. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Ive been smoking either red cake or "early morning paper-(dunhill EMP clone)" in the morning

10. Jay

Jay Active Member

A Pall Mall...

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Coffee ,I like Sumatra , and SWR . The SWR is easy in the am . Like mike said . Simple

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Big Lat/english/oriental bombs, as opposed to the umm, big lat/english/orientals that I have the rest of the day.

13. Johnny

Johnny Member

I don't usually smoke in the morning on days I work and don't have a preference on a first smoke of the day either. It's usually whatever I grab off the desk

14. commonsenseman

commonsenseman Member

The best tobacco in the morning is 1792......actually that's the best tobacco anytime.

15. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

if i've gotta be up and ready to go UF in a guildy pot, or one of the gawith ropes in a guildy billy. if i've REALLY gotta be up quick and stay alert for a while (going to open at work etc) uf or brown irish #4 in a savinelli XL. if its just a lazy day when i dont have class or work until 3pm, a nice leisurely bowl of whatever the hell i feel like, usually a straight VA.

i dont drink coffee anymore (too many kidney stones) so i kinda make up for it with vitamin n.

16. morleysson

morleysson Member

I usually choose a burley (surprised???) to start the day. For years, when ERRD was plentiful, the blend was ERRd and 5Bros, mixed 1:1 by weight.

17. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

I start the day early (6:00am) in my shop before work. I go with C&D Good Morning, 1888 "Early Day" or GL Pease "Chelsea Morning". Can't wait to get some Dunhill EMP to see if it is better than these clones!

18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Member

I need that extra "kick" to get me moving in the morning. A medium sized bowl of OJK usually does the trick. After that, anything works.
    Dan

19. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

use to be EMP, then switched to GLP Picadilly. Great with coffee

20. ryan65

ryan65 Member

no particular preference, I just browse my selection and choose. Lately it has been escudo, 1792, or stonehaven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.