1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

First Claudio Cavicchi

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by mpchem, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpchem

mpchem Member

Hello! I'm new to the pipe smoking world and just had to let everyone know I ordered a 4C Cavicchi pipe. It'll be delivered Friday and I can barely wait!

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Wow... well, talk about jumping in with both feet. Welcome to the board, and welcome to the wonderful world of Italian handmades too, I guess. Don't know why a guy would buy a lowly CCCC though. I mean, wasn't there a Diamonte or something worthwhile available? :thumb:

3. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Welcome and you will not be disappointed. They are great pipes! Break her in right and you will have a treasure for many years of pipe smoking. Congrats!

4. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I second the wow. I've been at this game for four years and I finally got to thinking about Italian handmades, still haven't gotten the cajones to drop the rent money on one.

I hope you post pics when you get it, mpchem! I want to drool over it. I know the briar gods command that "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's pipe," but I can't help it.

5. erickghint

erickghint Member

That's one hell of a first pipe, man. Welcome to the forum, sir. Just keep in mind that you WILL spend more money, just because you're in the company of these jokers. What about my spending habits you might ask? They're ok because I'm studying the effects of fire on cured leaves while in the confines of a wooden vessel...

6. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz Member

One of my best smoking pipes, you will enjoy it! and yes, get to the pics ASAP!

7. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

One of my best smokers too!

Great choice :roflmao:

8. mpchem

mpchem Member

Thanks everyone. I'll be posting pics later today.

9. mpchem

mpchem Member

Unfortunately, the lowly 4C, aka basket pipe, was all I could find :velho:

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

MP, it's "later today". :thumb:

dp

11. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Let me add my "wow" to the chorus. :) Cavicchis are great pipes and the 4C grade is usually spectacular.

Jay

12. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Well if your starting your collection with a 4C, I can't wait to see what you get NEXT :)

13. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Welcome and congrats on the new pipe. I do not have a Cavicchi but they sure do get the PAD cells inside me going.

14. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

How cool is that ! Is it your first pipe ? They're really nice pipes . Man , you're gonna dig that one ! It will smoke even better if you smoke Golden Extra in it :D... well , maybe . I'm just lookin for another Golden Extra junkie to shoot the bull with . Enjoy !!

15. mpchem

mpchem Member

So, I just finished my first smoke in the Cavicchi (Sillem's Black), and let me just say how awesome it is. Smooth, bowl barely changes temperature, and a pipe cleaner went straight through when I was done. This will be my first of many Cavicchis for sure! This is not my first pipe, btw; I got into the hobby about three weeks ago and have some Savinellis, a Bjarne, and the new one. Pic is attached![attachment=911:IMG_0141.jpg]

16. mpchem

mpchem Member

Haven't tried that one yet. Maybe soon!

17. erickghint

erickghint Member

The grain and finish are beautiful, man. Smoke that thing with pride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.