1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

First love

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by el guero, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el guero

el guero Member

What was your first tobacco love? Was it the first one you tried out of a friends pipe, the one that your local B&M owner sold to you with your first pipe? Was it one that you smelled on the breeze coming from another´s pipe, or are you the type that doesn´t give your love away and the toby had to earn it?

For me my first love was a house blend called peaches and cream out of a friends pipe: It was sunny summer day in Alaska, there was a gentle breeze blew through the Aspen and Birch trees shaking the leaves ever so slightly. We were standing in his front yard talking about girls or cars, as teenage boys are want to do, and he pulled out his toby and cheap basket pipe and then proceeded to pack and light it. He got it going and I remarked on how amazing it smelled and he said that it tasted better and offered me a puff or two. I remember being very surprised at how much it tasted like peaches and the creamy aftertaste it left on my tongue. It was love at first puff! Sadly though as is the case with many young lovers it didn´t last. We only ever spent two puffs together and perhaps you would say it was because I was young and still didn´t know what true love was, but like that girl that you kissed at summer camp and then never saw again in that moment it was magical.

ruffinogoldswife likes this.
  2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I guess for me, it was a toss up of Dunhill EMP, and Rattray's Accountants mixture since I tried both on the same day, and I fell in love with "Lady Latakia" on the very first puff!:bing:

3. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

My first blend was Argosy . I liked it alot . After a short time I bought some Edgeworth ... :rolleyes: .. it did me in . Later , Three Nuns .. Freaked me out ! So , I guess a threesome for me :)

5. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

I fell in love with pipe smoking. I don't think I found a blend that I'm in love with yet, because I haven't tried enough to make that kind of call yet. I've had some aros that blew my mind like Creme Brulle and Firedance when it's perfectly dried, but I've tried some beautiful straighter blends like PS LNF and Altadis VA Bulk. I tried my first American English today and it seems like something I could grow to like very much. So many beautiful blends. True love just hasn't come along yet.:D

Mark w4mms likes this.
  6. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Brush Creek. Dead and gone now.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Caledonian Superior Mixture. However,
    my tastes have changed since those days.

8. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

Borkum Riff Ultra Light. I'm not kidding, not even a little bit. I must have gotten the only good pouch of this ever, in the history of the world, 'cause every subsequent pouch I bought sucked or I'd still be smoking it.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  9. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

My first truly sublime smoke was from a tin of Orlik Golden Sliced. I still like the stuff a whole lot, though fidelity to any of my various loves along this road hasn't been my strong suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.