First response to my smoking...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Preacher1611, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

...of a pipe in public. I know it's crazy but other than an occasional "that smells nice" I've never actually had anyone stop to comment or converse about the pipe. Until yesterday that is! Me and a couple friends were at the Fonda Fair here in NY standing outside of one the buildings there where they had a band playing. First, this wasted looking dude comes up and says; "You want me to pack that for you?", I just gave him a glare and slightly shook my head, he walked away. Is what it is right? Anyway, a bit later in the evening I'm in the same spot smoking a bowl and this guy comes over, smokes a cig and before going back in he stops and strikes up a conversation about how he used to smoke a pipe and how you don't see pipe smokers anymore, (he said that about 3 times), he really liked my Dr. G. Grand Duke and told me so a couple of times. He said that he always imagined when he got old that he would sit on his porch in a nice comfy chair and just smoke a pipe. Pretty cool dude, well, enjoyed quite few bowls at the fair yesterday in that old Dr. G. stuffed full of 1864. Good times, good times. Anyway, I've got some Metal Church to listen to and some more forum to read, so that's my tale! :puffy:

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Assumptions can make an......well....nevermind. But before glaring, you should have asked, "with what would you pack it?"

You never know...just cause he's drunk or shabby looking...that doesn't mean he didn't perhaps have a fifteen year old tin of FVF in his pocket which had just been opened the day before :)

3. Preacher1611

Good point, but they had just been, hmmm... I'll just say this; :hip1: (otherwise I wouldn't have glared) ;)

irish2fish likes this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I think it's a safe bet...but hey, I know an old hippy who enjoys some pretty mellow pipe blends on a daily basis but then fills up a briar with aromatic tobacco afterwards...you never know, he might have had good tobacco.....

but chances are, your assumption is pretty safe! :hp2:

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

You said good times twice [ in writing ] .. just sayin :rolleyes: :xd:

Preacher1611, Trauma and jeff394 like this.
  6. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Even if he was talking about that "other" tobacco, he was still being nice (that ****'s expensive) and probably didn't warrant a glare.

I probably would have responded with a "No thanks man, appreciate it though" than a glare and shake of the head

Preacher1611 likes this.
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

You could say No thank you while glaring and shaking your head all at once...that would be a real time saver!

8. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

...I wouldn't have said, anything.

Preacher1611 likes this.
  9. Preacher1611

:xd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.