Five Bros.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by nesta, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'd like to try this stuff, but can't find it online at a price I like. 6 bucks for just a little over an ounce seems a bit pricey. I know shag cuts load more times than ribbon for the same weight, but it still rubs me the wrong way to pay that much for it...I'd rather just get Kendal Dark or try some Dark Birdseye or something for that money.

Anyone have a good, relatively cheap source online for it?

2. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Do a search for Byron Oost. He has the best price on it. Real nice fellow and his prices are good.

3. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Pipetobaccotls.com is the website. $3.25 per pouch is the price.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

http://cigartown.net

They sell 12 pack flats for $27.99 +shipping. I've never used them, though...my local mall carries it (in part due to my whining)for $2.79!

5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

They got a good deal on Mixture #79 too! :p

6. alchemist

alchemist Member

@yinyang -- I bought a 12-pack from cigartown. Went to the ends of the earth looking for Five Brothers -- even called the company HQ. Finally someone hooked me up with cigartown, whom I had never heard of. I telephoned, gave my credit card, and got the goods, no problem.

Vile weed.

@nesta -- I'm new around here; don't even know if my PM works on this board; but if I hear from you I'll send you a few packs for a price you'll thoroughly like -- for free. Heaven knows I don't plan to smoke it.

7. yinyang

'Vile Weed' is a descriptor best reserved for Paladin.

I believe 'Freaking Awesomeness in a Pouch' is what you mean...:)

8. alchemist

alchemist Member

Hardly. It was the worst pipe tobacco I ever smoked. Like rags swept up from the floor of an auto-repair shop. But that's just me. I have been thinking it might be a useful blending agent in one of my home-made flakes. It certainly brings a nice vitamin-N wallop.

9. yinyang

It's funny, you keep calling it garbage, but all you're doing is bringing out a Pavlovian response in me!

(That's right, I said Pavlovian...) :)

10. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Come on now... it is made from carefully selected leaf. Says so right on the package...

:xd::rofl:

11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I don't think it's bad, it's just not that good. I have a tub of PA that gets maybe a bowl a month taken out of it. As the tub level has gotten lower over the years, I've taken to adding a pouch of 5Bros to it. It makes for a much more enjoyable smoke for me.

12. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I used Five Bros for blending until I found C&D's Kelly's Coin. The KC has the same nicotine strength but a lot more flavor.

Five Bros is, however, a tobacco I don't have any trouble believing that a lot of people enjoy. Can't say that about... some other blends!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.