1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Flaming Cob

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by eddy13, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddy13

eddy13 Member

I dried out some tobacco the other night and forgot about it. It ended up being left out for over six hours. I lit up the pipe and had flames shooting up from my cob. A bit too dry I guess...

:thumbsd:

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Have never done that particular trick - but have got distracted before when someone spoke to me as I was lighting up a cob and set fire to the lacquer - that is spectacular particularly in a stiff Northumberland North Easter of a wind I can assure you!

Happy smoking and hope the cob recovered,

Best as ever

Gerry

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

What are you guys using to light your pipes, an airstrike (try echelon rather than wing-abreast)? I just use a lighter myself.

4. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I'm with Todd...lay off the napalm! Sheeeesh! :roflmao:

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

There should be no mushroom clouds seen above yer cobz! No if's, ands, or butt's about it, no mushroomz! :)

yeah, I let a cob-top catch fire once.......was lighting my cob and watching a girl cross the street (dirty old man that I am ;) ) and the next thing I knew, a flicker of orangish-yellow flame danced right in front of me.......bet it was funnier than all get out to anyone who noticed what I was doing or "not" doing. Oh well..........mind yer bowl!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've found Firedance Flake and Shortcut To Nosehairs to be particularly volatile....

7. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

I'm actually really impressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.