1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Flea Market Find

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Gradog, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gradog

Gradog Member

Here are my flea market finds after a little work.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Nice !!! The bottom pipe has the length and slight curve I love .... Enjoy those pal !

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

very nice save. Where did you gert the stems? :thumbsd:

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

by the fake amber stems i'd bet on those being pretty old if they're original

5. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Nice job!

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Looking really good - the top one is the shape that used to be called a "Turkish" in Scotland; don't know why and I've never heard it called that anywhere else - we didn't know much about the world then so I suppose we imagined everyone in the middle and far East ran about with a turban so maybe that's where the name came from as the shape could be seen to resemble one.

On Liam's point about age - in one of the Holmes stories, Holmes comments upon fake amber and how adept the London tobacconists are at simulating it, often embedding a fly in the substance they used. Could be worthwhile getting an expert's opinion on them.

Enjoy the pipes

Gerry

7. Gradog

Gradog Member

I bought the stems at a pipe makers supply in Vermont. I turned them in my lathe and bent them with some heat from a hair dryer. They are now my favorite pipes. The leather covered Longchamp being #1.

8. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

me likey....well done! :suicide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.