1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Flitz for stem restore?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by James Harr, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harr

James Harr Member

So the stem on my Pete was in need of a little help. It was turning this kind of chocolate brown color. I employed a little Google-fu and read about stem restoration. That seemed like a lot of work. I use a product called Flitz on my knives to clean corrosion and protect from moisture. So I thought, "maybe that would work to polish my stem... you know... on my pipe." Long story short; It worked like a charm. I smeared some on the stem and rubbed it around with a paper towel and wiped it off. It took all of about 3-5minutes. I now have a shiny black stem. The only indication that it isn't new is that the embossed 'P' is sort of filled in. I suppose I could get a small dental pick and clean that out, but it is so small that it really isn't noticeable.

5 snorks for Flitz! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Has anyone else used Flitz to polish your stem... you know... on your pipe?

J--

2. Jay

Jay Active Member

I have heard of this Flitz and its magic, but I have not tried it, on my stem

Seems to have worked wonders for your stem, on your pipe

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Use Bar Keepers Friend to de-oxidize (remove all the brown yuck), THEN Flitz to polish to a deep luster.

TRAVIS likes this.
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

Yep it works good. If the oxidation is a little worse do like Lestrade says. The bottle I have says for plastic also.

5. Albert

Albert Active Member

where can you get Flitz?

6. James Harr

James Harr Member

You might try your local hunting/fishing type store. I buy a big tube at the county fair since they always seem to have a booth showcasing the miraculous properties of the stuff. Certainly you can order it from the flitz.com site if you can't source it locally.

Good luck!

7. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I've also found it at True Value hardware stores in the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.