For better or worse...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Mister Moo, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

A four year old kid saw me smoking a pipe at the park the other day. He walked over to where I was sitting and asked me what it was. Times change.

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Are you sure it was not the smell of Condor - he was wondering what the heck it was?:byg:

3. Mister Moo

:D No. This happened a week before Condor Consciousness.

4. Albert

Albert Active Member

My 3 yr old girl said to me the other day "dad, I like your pump." I said "its Pipe".... but she was already off chasing an imaginary butterfly.

Kiowapipe, Mark w4mms and ichabod like this.
  5. user1975

user1975 Active Member

:xd:

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

My three year old took a wine cork he found in a drawer, wrapped a pipe cleaner he stole from my desk (clean one) around the cork, then came running into the kitchen with it hanging out of his mouth. "Mom, mom, look at my pipe!"

Didn't get the greatest look from my wife at first. Then she couldn't help but laugh. She's made me promise not to let either boy try pipe tobacco before they are 18.

7. telltime

telltime Active Member

Funny... times really have changed. But I must say that even though my wife isn't exactly "for" my pipe, she's not exactly "against" it, either. And the kids love it.

Some examples:

- Last year, my son's school celebrated their 100th day of school by having the kids come to school dressed as "old" people. My wife got my son to dress with a tie, got him some gray hairspray, and a small cane and fake pipe (the "fake" pipe was a real briar pipe with a plug in the bowl sold by the costume shop - I would have been glad to let him have one of mine for the occasion, but my wife was afraid the school would have said something if the pipe had a tobacco odor - I was just shocked about the "fake" pipe being a perfectly good pipe that was ruined with the plug and perhaps even more shocked that my wife supported his costume pick).

- My wife bought a "snowman kit" that has a real corncob (not Missouri Meerschaum, though) pipe in it. When it snows, we all build four snowmen and then dress them as a "family." "My" snowman gets the pipe, of course.

- For my birthday earlier this year, my wife asked the kids what they wanted to get me. My five-year-old daughter INSISTED on getting me a pipe. My wife obliged and I got a new slim-line (small) pipe that my daughter picked out. It's amazing how observant kids can be as the pipe is in somewhat of a Zulu shape. My daughter informed me she picked out that pipe over the "straight" one because she knew the "almost straight" pipes were my favorite.

- Five years ago my wife gave me a copper zippo engraved with my initials and an anniversary message.

- She's given me pipe books and a Curious George book (notice my avatar) inscribed with a personal message regarding my smoking a pipe.

So, again, she doesn't love that I smoke a pipe, but as she puts it I could have a worse habit.

RTOdhner, Mark w4mms and albot9 like this.
  8. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Yep, you sure could.... glad she is able to see that!

9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I have attained said consciousness. It's a wonderful state of awareness.

Mister Moo likes this.
  10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I walked in my smoking room a while back and my youngest son joseph [ 3 at the time ] was sitting in a chair w/ one of my pipes in his mouth and a half size guitar on his lap ... where'd he get that from !? :)

albot9 and Kiowapipe like this.
  11. Mister Moo

Copycat criminal?

ruffinogold likes this.
  12. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Good one, Ruff. I bought my 4-year-old son one of those little one-hitter MM corn cob pipes, and he thinks it's the coolest thing since Lightning McQueen. Of course, he doesn't smoke it, but if that's the worst thing he ever puts in his mouth, I'll be a proud papa.

ruffinogold and 1stGenRex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.