1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Forever Stems?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Boomer-Z, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

Quick question for you all. I am now caught up in some sort of wonderful cob pipe madness. I am looking to purchase a Forever stem....the churchwarden. Will the stem fit all pipes or just certain ones. I have the country gentleman and a Great Dane Acorn.

I wanted to ask before I purchase something I can't use.

Thanks,
    Z

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

A Forever Stem for filtered pipes fits all filtered pipes...a Forever Stem for unfiltered pipes only fits unfiltered models. Can't remember what a Country Gent is (filtered?). If so, a filtered model churchwarden is what you want.

3. yinyang

Actually, check this...if the stems on your two cobs fit well on the other, than they're both the same...filtered.

If so, make sure you specify it while ordering...just in case.

4. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Talk to Walker before purchasing to make sure you are getting what you want. He makes them filtered and unfiltered, and if you aren't sure what will fit your cob bowl, he'll make sure you'll be satisfied before he mails the order. Great guy with pride in his product. It's a great product from a craftsman.

Once you go Forever Stem, you'll never look back. It's the best investment a cob smoker can make. Needless to say, I'm a customer. I've got three and, since they last forever, I can't be a repeat customer. That speaks well for Walker Briar Works. He wants satisfied customers more than repeat business because of built in obsolescence. Give him your business and you won't be disappointed.

5. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Thanks for all the info.

I went into their store website and all the info was there as well. All of my pipes are filtered....I just don't use them.

I think the Churchwarden is for me.

Z

6. yinyang

That chuchwarden stem, and an 'egg' Great Dane cob, rank fairly high on my 'want' list.

Do me a favor, Boomer...you pick one up, well, give us your thoughts on it, w'dya?

-Kyle

7. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

My second favourite cob is the patriot, which unfortunately uses an unfiltered stem that I have not gotten around to uniting with its Walker filtered twin.

8. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

YinYang,

I defintely will. I am actually picking up the churchwarden for a bent great dane acorn shaped cob. I get paid this week so I will be ordered soon. I like the cobbs on his website with the bands. Almost makes me want to buy another one. That way I have one cob for aro's and another for all the other stuff I smoke....tobacco that is....

Z

9. yinyang

Thanks, Boomer. We're talking about the same pipe, BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.