1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Found a Dunhill for $5

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Matt Payne, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

Amazing score! Congrats, I an sure you are going to enjoy it when you have here fully restored.

2. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

Amazing score! Congrats, I an sure you are going to enjoy it when you have here fully restored.

3. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Wow!!! I've always wanted to come up on a score like that at a garage sale... Congratulations to you!!

5. furious

furious Junque collector

This is definitely a wartime Dunnie. Great acquisition there!! I know of many a collector who pine for these pipes and are willing to pay big bucks for them, especially with original horn stems intact. What tells you it is 1942 and not 1952 is the absence of a group number (introduced in '51), since this patent no. was used from the early 40's until '54. Send it away for professional restoration and it will be a gem in your collection.

6. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Great score, fantastic looking pipe!

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

That is a great pipe, and at an unbelievable price! If that was restored professionally, it should bring close to $200 on eBay.

8. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Wow, that's in fantastic shape, especially for a garage sale score! Enjoy it :)

9. Matt Payne

Matt Payne Member

Alright! I finally got my Frog Morton in and had my first chance at trying a beginner's English blend through this fantastic English pipe!

It burns much more smoothly than my current basket pipe ever did, and I didn't have to relight it once. I'm not sure if that's the blend or the pipe but I'm happy to attribute it to either.
    Now I just need to sit down and smoke it a few more times to get a real feel for it.

I'm definitely not selling this pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.