1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Found a souce for block Meerschaum Bowls for Falcon Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by fishnbanjo, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scopawl

scopawl Member

...spoken like a true enabler! ;)

Also, @leacha those bowls look incredible.

I'd fancy getting one, but I'm going to have to see how the funds go, and also see how/when other people's arrive too.
    I'm looking forwards to more pics of these as they start coming through!

browny and dBear like this.
  2. hoss

hoss Member

I emailed them a little while ago and they said i was in "group 2" with regard to shipping and should expect it to ship out w/in 5 days of the response email. Fortunately, it sounds like the folks from the first batch of shipments have been getting theirs, so it's just a matter of time. I'll be sure to post here when they arrive.

dBear likes this.
  3. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Meh. If I knew that it was going to take two months...I'd have allocated those funds ($30 for the bowl and $30 for the stem) elsewhere. But yeah...if you've got $30 to burn and it doesn't matter to you whether or not the item will arrive before hell freezes over...go ahead and order one.

I may just throw mine on here in the sale forum when it arrives (I've lost interest). We'll see.

WalkinStick likes this.
  4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Mine came the other day and it looks and smokes great. Meerqueen will be placing them in his internet store, which is a B&M in Turkey, end of this month for anyone who did not get in on the initial. It obviously took time to carve the ordered bowls since they were not a stock item and are just now arriving to the US buyers. Regards.
    banjo

[​IMG]

gentimmy, p120d16y, browny and 3 others like this.
  5. bubbagump

:popc: Assuming it was actually mailed out 12/17...they must have sent it out via pack mule or row boat.

hoss and SouthBound like this.
  6. bubbagump

Got it today. It was mailed out on 12/19.

[​IMG]

browny, dBear and SouthBound like this.
  7. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

Looks cool. I'm still thinking of getting one myself.

8. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I hope mine was mailed in that round. Looking forward to smoking them.

9. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

If you've still lost interest in it, let me know--will take it off your hands. :)

10. bubbagump

I'll give it some thought. I put one bowl through it (the stem was new too). It smoked great. The only issue I could come up with is that the bent stem puts the bowl at sort of a funky angle when clenching it I tend to like bent pipes, but this seems to be an exception to that rule. We'll see...

11. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Ha ha, OK. I'll trade you a straight Falcon for that bowl, if that's of interest. Just throwing that out there. I really hope you like and enjoy it--it looks fantastic.

12. bubbagump

While that would be an equal trade, this is the only Falcon bowl I've got. ;)

13. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Ah, well, of course I'd include a briar bowl. A Falcon isn't of much use w/o a bowl! :D

bubbagump likes this.
  14. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I love the idea of these and want to see more. As far as the shipping concerns, let's remember that these are coming from Turkey, not necessarily a place known for efficiency. That said, the site and the company look very reputable. I want to see a few more before I take the inevitable plunge. I'm sure I'll get one in my own good time. In the meantime, keep filing reports and showing pictures. This is a great thread. Thanks, banjo!

dBear and rlucas like this.
  15. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

They finally arrived!
    I thought I was prepared for the size of a Falcon bowl, but they still seem small. So, I loaded the smooth one with a blend that I only enjoy in small doses, GH Dark Plug. Smoking great so far.
    IMG_20140131_160918.jpg
    IMG_20140131_161038.jpg
    IMG_20140131_161158.jpg

Smokey Tom, TWolf, dBear and 3 others like this.
  16. leacha

leacha Just a Member

Looks great! I've yet to smoke mine. But as soon as the weather starts turning for the better.....

17. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Now where do you guys actually buy your Falcons? Are they actually a Falcon brand or what? I have an old one I've not smoked yet and it's a Grabow I believe, but I wasn't sure if Falcon is a brand or just style made by several manufacturers to be honest. Maybe I ought to clean mine and find another one if I like how it smokes.

dBear likes this.
  18. leacha

leacha Just a Member

I've bought two of my vintage ones on eBay and a new one from 4noggins.

p120d16y likes this.
  19. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I bought mine on eBay. The only reason I purchased them was to put the meer bowls on them, so stem condition was my only concern.

20. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Falcon is a brand.

p120d16y likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.