1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Found Some FVF ...... BUT.....

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Grim_Puffer, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Its on a UK based tobacco shop.

Now the 2 out of the 3 I came upon using google had a big tab at the bottom that said " Due to credit card law we are unable to ship tobacco leaf to the USA, we appologize for the inconvienience "

But the other did not and I couldve completed my order but should I?

If I know most sites dont should I take a chance they might mail it and risk it in customs or just preorder with pipesandcigars. This is one tobacco I havent had the chance to try.

Anyways, thanks as always.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Grim, there has been a run on Full Virginia Flake and it's good... but.. it ain't that good imho. There are ten excellent virginias that I'd rather have, available trouble free. Irish Flake, Old Gowrie, Hal-o-the-wynd, 43 diffeent McClellands, the Wessex series, Stockebye Curly Cut (Three Nuns baby)... I just honestly can't see why you would bother.

That said, the risk in ordering a tin from "outside" is that you get taxed on it, or maybe at worst it doesn't come through? So you are out ten bucks?

I think there's people on this board who have 10 lbs of the stuff that maybe you could get a little out of too....

3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I thought Stockebye stopped making curly cut.

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Ain't THAT the truth. I'll never live long enough to try them all, even if I just stick to the tins and avoid the 3,497 bulk blends.

5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

You know...I like FVF a lot. Good stuff. Probably in my top 5 or so.
    But....since I have gotten FVF, I have at least a handful of baccy's that I like either the same or better.
    Gotta try some other stuff too. I wouldn't get too hung up on it and just try to get some on it's next run.
    (Jump on it quick though)

6. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

I think its because all the hype I got to at least try it once.

WHo knows might change my life, probabyl wont.

I agree with the McClellands. I have some Aruora right now and some GLP Union Square and both of those are great with a good nic hit.

Just want to try this and have missed out every time a new shipment arrives to the online market.

7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Check around, many B&M's still have some tinned FVF and some have bulk boxes 250 & 500 gm sized. They just don't do etail. So call or email them. I just picked up a tin of FVF and StJ from Fader's of Catonsville MD. Their flagship store in Towson MD has more........so get in touch with them. They'll fix you up. It's around, you just have to make a few clicks and or phone calls to verify and then, go in for the score!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Check all of the links PSF has for etailers, never know, you may get lucky and find some pounders still out there waiting just for you!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

9. Legend

Legend Member

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Puff is right, check your local shops. I came across a pound a while back. Never had any before, but worth the score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.