Fox of St. James?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Thaisamurai, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaisamurai

Thaisamurai Member

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried any blends from Fox of St. James (aka James Fox)? If you have, please post your comments! I might have a rare chance to purchase some in London soon and I'd hate to miss out if they're worth it!

And any extra comments on local British blends I might be able to find in London?

2. freestoke

freestoke Member

http://tobaccoreviews.com/brand_detail.cfm?ALPHA=J&BID=33

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Here's a place you can order them from ..http://www.pipesandcigars.com/jamesjfox.html ... others as well . I've smoked one or two of them but I cant remember well enough to give account . Dondi is into them ... he'll know

4. Burner

Burner Member

Dorisco Mix is very nice. If you can go to St.James St you will be able to visit Davidoff as well as JJ Fox. British blends like Condor, Erinmore and St.Bruno are available in a lot of supermarkets and newsagents. Others like Gold block and Clan are not well regarded generally.

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I've tried Fox Dorisco (a VaPer) and Fox Squires (a Latakia mixture with floral notes) and I absolutely love both of them! These are two blends that will always have a place in my cellar :bing:

6. Thaisamurai

Thaisamurai Member

*Furiously taking notes* What about the Provost? It gets good reviews on tobaccoreviews, but how about some direct feedback from a forum member? ;)

Although I would really like to purchase some of everything suggested here, pipe tobacco seems to be very difficult to bring into Thailand and more often than not is confiscated on a regular basis by Customs if found in your luggage. So, what would be the top 3 tobaccos I should buy? 3 tobaccos that will be very rewarding if I get them past Customs, but not so many that I would cry if they're confiscated :P

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

[sub]Check out the duty free allowances for Thailand. You may be right that only 3 tins are allowed... if so, I suggest you get some Peterson's Old Dublin too![/sub]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.