1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Freaking out!

Discussion in 'Need Pipe Smoking Advice? Ask an Old Fart!' started by PipeLotus, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Ok, well fellows. I've found the root of the problem

I recently discovered that I do in fact have an actual tobacconist (sp?) shop in the 'big city'. After making the forty minute drive, I found the store to be absolutely amazing for pipes. The owner not only helped reinforce my PAD. (Bjarne Viking Classic. Bent Rusticated. ) he was able to tell me what had happened with my Savinelli. According to him, I had simply smoked the bowl too hot (probably while I was driving. Midwest wind + pipe + window down....)and the finish had simply blistered and popped. He suggested beeswax and a few other things, so it isn't nearly as bad as I thought! On another note, I found my camera, and will hopelly post some pics. However, now that I know what the problem is, I know how to avoid it in the future. Lesson learned.

Thanks for all the help, even if I couldn't get you fine gentlemen proper pictures.
    Tony Malerich likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.