Frederick Tranter

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Thaisamurai, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaisamurai

Thaisamurai Member

Has anybody here had the opportunity to try any tobaccos from Frederick Tranter? I might have a chance to acquire a couple of pouches and I would like to know what to try first.

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

Never heard of them before, you has them and what kind of blends does he offer?

3. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Have not heard of this tobacco brand either. Where have you seen them before?

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Tranter is an old tobacconist in Bath. I don't think their house blends have ever been distributed very far.

5. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Yeah I know Fred; he's old man Tranter's boy. We used to smoke wacky weed together. Good ol' boy but not very bright, if you know what I mean. He tragically died in that freak Paladin accident a few years back. :( A moment of silence please.

Seriously, I would like to hear a review of any of these blends if and when possible.
    God Bless!!! Ray

6. Thaisamurai

Thaisamurai Member

Here's their website: http://www.fredericktranter.co.uk/index.shtml

Going to see if Ii'm going to be able to acquire some samples...one of my former English students is attending a special English program in Oxford, so I was thinking of asking him to bring me back some tobacco when he returns home at the end of the month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.