1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Escudo

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ccwco, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccwco

ccwco Member

So I stopped in a local B&M over the weekend and was gifted a well dried tin of Escudo with about 2 bowls left.
    I submerged the tin paper label in dist. water, and today it was hydrated wonderfully!
    Now, I was told this should be a benchmark for VaPer, and while The perique flavor is there, it doesnt seem to be as strong as I thought it should be from the reviews I've read.
    How likely is it that the complete dehydration has sapped out the goodness?

2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Very likely. Escudo is one of my old time friends and I find it doesn't "come back" very well.
    I like it "fresh" (moist); the va/perique interplay needs some boof to hold it all together and it loses some sweetness once dessicated. Even using too large a mason-jar can sap the escudo right out of it imho.

If you want to give it another shot, PM me.

3. Scurvy

Scurvy Member

With dehydration and rehydration, you will always lose something in the process. BTW, the title of this thread is cruel. :(

4. ccwco

ccwco Member

I think I was most impressed by my first try at re-hydrating , and being successful, at least in the mechanics.
    I had a hint of the normal perique spice about halfway through the bowl after a stern tamp and looming glare, but it faded into nothing.
    I really wonder how long this tin had dried.

Sorry to fool anyone into a give-away;)

5. Goat

Goat Active Member

Oh man....... I thought someone didn't like the Escudo they got and was giving it away. :doh:

user2725, Jussto and Scurvy like this.
  6. ccwco

ccwco Member

Well, if you like re-hydrated perique, I know a guy....

7. JBWright

JBWright Member

I came to this thread with my hand outstretched. Am disappointed. :moon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.