Free Sugar Barrell

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ted, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ted

ted Member

Would anyone like to try, or increase their "stash" of, Sugar Barrell. I have 4 ounces that I'd love to rid myself of. Does anyone want it? Just didn't suit my taste.
    Could divide it into 2x2 ounces if you prefer....PM please with address. Just got 5 new blends from C & D and gotta' rid myself of some "don't like" tobacco....ted

2. erickghint

erickghint Member

PM Sent.

3. raisingale

raisingale Member

PM sent as well. Thanks for the kind offer regardless of whether or not any comes my way. :groucho:

4. ted

ted Member

Sugar Barrell is gone. Thanks for taking it off my hands. It'll be in the mail tomorrow.

Hope y'all enjoy it. I'd like a report please.
    I mix 4 ounces of S/B with 4 ounces of B-20 (Black) and find it most tolerable...but have a 1/2 pound on hand.....Enjoy.....ted

5. Stoked

Stoked Member

I have really been wanting to try Sugar Barrell and Walnut. Dang my timing once again!

Looks like I'll have to put a special order in with 4noggins because everywhere else sells it by the tub.

[​IMG]
    ~ Orlik Golden Sliced ~
    Smoked by all shrewd judges
    and "geniuses"

6. hoss

hoss Member

Yep. It's the last on my OTC to try list as well. Threw it on the latest TAD order. :roflmao:

7. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Hoss and Stoked; It's not bad but I wouldn't order a tub of it if there are pouches available. Gave me a scratchy throat straight. But that could just be me. Mixing with PA, CH, or red cake helped.

8. ted

ted Member

Might try these folks. I've been very pleased with their service. Not especially by the selections. Prices seem good, but please compare.
    http://wvsmokeshop.com/
    Like you Mike. Scratchy throat, hot tongue with straight S/B. My friend Ed says it is a sweeter version of CH. I get a little of that...ted

9. erickghint

erickghint Member

If you've been wanting to try it for a while, I'm willing to give up my spot on the free baccy train for ya. Ted, if you wouldn't mind sending my bit to Stoked, that would be cool.

10. ted

ted Member

Stoked, Send me an address, and a thank you note to erick, and it's yours. Nice gesture though....ted

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

Same here.SB was also harsh to me.I had the exact same experience with Cherry Blend.I could smoke CH all day,but my taste has changed and I dont smoke any Middeltons tobaccos anymore.

12. ted

ted Member

Still haven't gotten an address from Stoked. Sent half(2 oz.) to Chris on Saturday. Would you like me to split it into 1 oz. packs and send some to you and wait for Stoked address? I'll keep an ounce if I don't hear from him...rather not though...Have 4 ounces mixed with B-20, don't need anymore...ted

13. raisingale

raisingale Member

Thanks again in advance Ted! I don't know why I can't find the stuff in SC. I'm looking forward to trying it.
    Chris

14. ted

ted Member

Chris.. First few bowls for me were wonderful. Last few were not so wonderful. Enjoy it. Pass it on if it doesn't suit you. Thought I'd found a real "go to", but not...ted

15. Stoked

Stoked Member

PM Sent. Been busy the last couple of days...

16. ted

ted Member

Free Sugar Barrell is gone...ted

17. Stoked

Stoked Member

If SB is a sweeter version of CH I'm sure I am going to love it. As far as it being a little harsh, I have just the pipe... a Calabash. CH sings in the Calabash so I'm suspect it's cousin will do the same.

Many thanks to Ted and erick.

Still sniffing around for a few bowls of Walnut to try. :velho:

[​IMG]
    Ahh, burley in the morning!

18. ted

ted Member

Stoked and raisingale.... How did/do you like the Sugar Barrell? It's had time to get there. Just curious... ted

19. raisingale

raisingale Member

Ted, I've PM'd you a couple of times, did you get them? At any rate, I did in fact like it. Thank you very much. What a generous sample it was! It reminded me a bit of Middleton's Cherry without the cherry. Great aroma and a great burning tobacco as well. I think if it were available I'd opt to but Carter Hall in favor of Sugar Barrel but it will be a nice change of pace for sure. Would you mind PM'ing me your address, I'd like to return the favor.
    Chris

20. ted

ted Member

63 years old. Haven't figured out much about computers/messaging/anything. Tom Douglas
    150 Jode Lane
    Piney Creek, NC 28663

But I go to Florida from early November till early April. Spent 60 winters in this deep freeze working for Grabow/Mastercraft/Town of Sparta. One morning going to work it was 23 degrees below zero.....Don't play that anymore. You owe me nothing. Glad you enjoyed it... ted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.