1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Free tobacco in the mail!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jussto, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

May 5, 2011
    So today I opened my mailbox to find it stuffed full of a large white envelope from "Dream Castle" or something like that. I opened it to find a tin of something with a Sutliff label. Oh great, I thought, another tin of some goopy Altadis aro, but looking a little closer I see that it is Blend No. 5, a supposed english blend.

There were only a few reviews on tobaccoreviews, most referring to a free tin sent in the mail, and ranging from calling this blend a great 965 match, to a burly fronted American blend, to an aromatic. What is this stuff?

So I pop the top and take a whiff, it smells like a classic English, but wait a minute, why am I smelling Silem's Black? Not being one to look a gift tobacco in the blender, I came back this evening and packed a bowl. Yep, it's like someone blended a Balkan and an Aro. Tastes like Silem's Black but not so overwhelming, there might actually be some Latakia in there somewhere. Not a bad blend at all, but not something I plan on trying to order a pound of. Definitely a different creature than Molto Dolce, the only other Sutliff blend I've tried so far. I will be smoking the rest of the tin, not sure if it made the top of my TAD list, but nice to try.

Anyone else get full size samples, or have any idea where they come from?
    Ideas on Blend No. 5?
    Any idea how I can get C&D to send me free goodies?:puffy:
  2. cardboardphone

cardboardphone Member

Aug 15, 2011
  3. Paul

Paul Member

May 8, 2011
    cool sent mine in, thanks! :D
  4. SSG P

SSG P Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Sent it in, thanks for the info.
  5. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Sent my request in...thanks for posting!
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    About a year ago I got my sample of Great Outdoors . It was fine and tasted as good or better than feild and Stream except it had no nicotine . I love nicotine so it was not a go for me . Altadis makes a bazillion blends , hell.. they make Ben Hartwell blends , Evening Stroll is one of the better smokes . I recently tried the St .George Blend , it's a pretty good version of a black cherry . I'll buy it again next time I'm in Atlanta . Heck , they're only 6 bucks online . The Suitliff line started out as matches for blends that have gone away , though I noticed that they've added a ton of new blends , which I think is cool . I guess Altadi has 200 blends or so [ not like i counted ] .. with that many ... ya know yer gonna dig some of them at least . Yeah , they got the PG goin on .. whatever . The room note of Creme Brullee [ one of their bulks ] is astonishing . They dont make SG stuff by any means , but SG dosent make Altadis stuff either . Check their site out if for no other reason but to look at the vast number of blends they make . They got about 40 or so English blends

Stonewall and Mark w4mms like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.