1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Fribourg & Treyer Vintage Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by nitehawk, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

In my recent TAD order, I purchased a tin of Erinmore Flake, a tin of MacBarens Vanilla Flake, both of which I know and like. But, I also purchased a tin of Fribourg & Treyer Vintage Flake as something new. As I haven't cracked open the tin of F&T Vintage Flake yet, was wondering if anyone has tried this, and if so, what your take is on this particular flake?

2. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

I purchased a tin of F&T flake last year, popped it open and was really annoyed that it was Drier than a burnt bush.
    Considering what I paid for the tin, I was expecting to at least be treated to a well sampled smoke but it was not to be.
    Hopefully yours will be moister than mine, I suspect the tin was not properly sealed at the factory since it was cellared with my regualar stash.

-PipeMeister

3. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

P-Meister....sorry to hear that. Hopefully mine will be better. I haven't opened it yet, as I have enough other tobacco's open right now, but thanks for the input.

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I don't have the Vintage, but I had a tin of Cut Blended Plug last year and it was worthwhile. I like a little more sweetness and a little more spice, but it was a good virginia blend, for sure.

5. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Thanks Sasquatch....still haven't opened the Vintage Flake yet, but hopefully it's good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.