Friend going to Ireland - Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bent, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bent

Bent Member

A friend is going to Ireland. Need some suggestions on tobacco worth trying. any thoughts?

2. Johnny

Johnny Member

St. Bruno, Revor Plug and Condor would be my recommendations. There are lots more available on that side of the pond that we can't get here in the states but those are the ones I've tried and loved. Mick McQuaid, Player's Navy and Walnut Flake are ones I've heard great things about as well. Never had the opportunity to try them myself but if you can get them, they should be worth a shot

Albert likes this.
  3. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

I vote St. Bruno and Condor as well. Lots of people seem to have nothing but good things to say about them.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I've tried several of the British OTCs through across-the-pond trades. The three "must try" blends are Walnut Flake, St Bruno, and Condor. If you have the extra cash to get a couple more (the taxes over there are exorbitant), throw in some Revor Plug and Mick McQuaid.

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

If you get some St Bruno or Condor, be forewarned that you may have to dedicate a pipe for these blends. They ghost briars like nobody's business!

6. conroygc

conroygc Member

Tell them they should tour the Guinness and Peterson factories! Both do tours.

7. buistd

buistd Active Member

Tell them to meet up with BaccyBert - pretty sure he's from round those parts!

8. Spam

Spam Member

Condor (obviously), and I'd recommend some Mick McQuaid plug.

9. furious

furious Junque collector

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.