Friend needs some advice!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jomodeere, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Hey everybody,

So I had a sample of C&D Briar Fox recently and I split it with a friend. It was like 2 or 3 bowls each and yesterday I saw him and he said he loved it. He also wants to order more of it and possibly others from C&D.

I am not familiar at all with any C&D blends so can someone offer some blends I can tell him about?

Thanks all!

Jomo

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Oh, great! He chose a C&D blend that is about as unique as they come. Hard to recommend anything close. So I'll do-si-do around that one and recommend Opening Night and Riverboat Gambler. One sweet and one earthy. Maybe he can mix 'em together and get Briar Fox Extra or something, if he doesn't like those two alone.

But I have to give one more recommendation of something decidedly different, only because I do so at every opportunity. Oriental Silk. Spicy and lightly sweet... different... excellent. This one is in my Top 10. I recommend it to everyone. Some like it, some don't. But there you go! :D

3. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Well he doesn't really have a taste for anything in particular right now since he just started. So anything you suggest will be good!

4. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

It had to be C&D, with something like 250 blends to choose from! :) Well, first and foremost, I'd suggest getting something YOU like, as you may be the eventual recipient of this purchase. Some C&D blends that I like, are unique, and I think appropriate for a beginner, are:
    Mississippi Mud (Unsweetened Black Cav/Lat, but a bit unidimensional and takes a few bowls to get aquainted with)
    Kajun Kake (technically a vaper, but I like this one--Va Cav)
    Tuskegee Airman (a medium english with sweet Va's)
    or you might try some of their Burley blends.

5. Zfog

Zfog Member

I will cast a vote for Opening Night as well.

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

Have your friend call C&D and talk with Craig Tarler, no one knows his blends better than he does and he will put together a great sampler pack for him to try.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  7. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Sound advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.