Frog Morton Cellar??

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user3610, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3610

user3610 Member

Looking for a quick break from VAs, I might pick up a tin of FMC from my B&M today.
    Tobacco reviews regards Cellar as "Highly Recommended" & the regular Frog just "Recommended".

I've sampled it before- but is it an aromatic? What is the main difference between Cellar and regular Frog?

YAPPG likes this.
  2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I'm not big on aromatics, but this stuff is pretty damn good. I don't think I would call it an aromatic. Nice chewy smoke, excellent bourbon flavor. I would not call it sweet, but it is shaded in that direction. I wish they sold it in bulk.

I am also a fan of FMott. They are 2 different animals, but they do share a little bit of that smoky barbecue flavor.

YAPPG likes this.
  3. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

If it's anything like the rest of the species, I'll pass.

user3610 likes this.
  4. user3610

user3610 Member

Yeah, I'm in debate over the purchase. Taking it on a trip- but the last frog I had was Across the Pond which had a paint flavor to it...

5. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

I have smoked half a tin of it and I don't think that it is that much different than the regular frogs. It has a top note of whiskey but to me it disappears about 1/3 of a bowl in. Don't get me wrong......it's good but I don't think that it is that much different than the genre.

6. user3610

user3610 Member

I miss the Frogs. At some point I developed a notion that toppings and casings were no good- just health-wise. I'm really on the fence about picking up a couple tins, as I've been on a recent quest of: "Find the most enjoyable, pure baccy". But, then again- we're all smoking (sarcastic cringe), So does it really matter if it's tobacco or topping? Food for thought...

7. psquared

Buy some and try it. You don't like it, I'll take it off your hands. :)

8. user3610

user3610 Member

That's all I was fishin' fer psquared.... A little encouragement.

psquared likes this.
  9. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I have cellar and bayou, I don´t care for bayou... but I love cellar. Depending on how cool or hot you smoke, the whiskey note can stay throughout the bowl. I recommend trying it, if you don´t care for it, and Psquared doesn´t nab it first, I would happily arrange a trade. My best advice is to not hold it to any expectations, and let the tobacco make the impression on you and not the reviews online. Sometimes expecting a blend to be bad will cause it to be interpreted poorly. Enjoy!

Spudin and psquared like this.
  10. user3610

user3610 Member

Bought 2 tins, smoked some & enjoyed...problem solved ;)

Spudin, Ozark Nick, Mington and 2 others like this.
  11. psquared

And, what's your take?

12. user3610

user3610 Member

I truly enjoyed it- I shunned lats due to the "after smell" my wife complained about, but the tin note was amazing (just as I remembered) and I think the lats offer more of a tranquil feeling for me, more than VAs. I caught no artificial "paint" or ketchup flavor-just a rich taste. No buyer's remorse here ;)...but I still can't capture the difference between Cellar an original?

13. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I´ll get to find out (the difference) early next month. I limit my orders to that... I use to think of the frog blends as a marketing gimmick aimed at the hipster crowd, but this stuff is just plain good. :)

Marker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.