Frog Morton On The Town: The Gateway To Stronger English's

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dunhill93, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

Frog Morton On The Town is a pretty mild tasting english blend. It is one dimensional in flavor yet it has a good flavor. The latakia really shines in this blend and the basma adds an intriguing faint sweetness to the smoke. I think this blend is a gateway to the desire for stronger tasting english blends in that a person may gravitate towards more of the smoky incense like taste of the latakia. Does anyone else feel the same way that has tasted Frog Morton On The Town

Steve Dennis and Jayson H Bucy like this.
  2. prole

prole Member

That's what it did for me. Now instead of reaching for FM nightly like I was a few months ago, it's Northwoods, Penzance, Ten Russians and Lagonda. Also just popped a tin the other night of Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend and it's a real winner, very smooth lat bomb with a nice nicotine backbone.

Rodfather and Steve Dennis like this.
  3. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

I agree completely; I had tried several English blends and decided they weren't for me. But then I tried the Frog and I found it to be one of my favorites. After getting hooked on the Frog I returned to give some of the other English blends I still had lying around another try and finally realized what they were all about. If is wasn't for the Frog I probably still wouldn't be smoking any English blends.

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

+1 (or is it +3?) to all above. The FM's were my intro to Lats and although I still like and smoke them, I dig many more and many stronger Lat blends.

5. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

true very true, english blends are definitely an acquired taste. latakia is not for everybody but I most certainly love it

6. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

This may suprise a few of you but, I've come around to loving Latakia blends myself. Yes Guys, it's the wife that's kicked out of the house for Lat smoking. I love the smokey earthy richness of it. Ruffino and I both just don't get how I can love English Style blends but hate the after taste I get from Burley.:msty:

7. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

yes i agree with you 100 percent. Latakia is very good in a weird way however the room note is very off putting. I still live with my parents and I smoke in the basement and they tell me it smells like burning wood upstairs lol

8. Squall409

Squall409 Member

I just barely started smoking FM and as of right now I am loving it! I like the original a little more than OTT at them moment, but like I said, I have only just started smoking them. I would definitely love to try others like it.

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

That's where I started too. FMOTT is a solid light to med English. I like it so much I have 300gm cellared.

10. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

I had smoked a few Lat blends before Frog, but Frog is the one I fell in love with and FMOTT is the one that got me an appreciation for orientals.

11. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Agree completely. Next thing you know you'll be in an alley next to a dumpster smoking your home blend of straight Lat and Tambu

Dunhill93 likes this.
  12. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.