1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Frog Morton On the Town

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by erickghint, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erickghint

erickghint Member

For some reason, I was drawn to this out of all the tins I recently received. The promise of Basma was enough to make it first picked for a bowl. I was a bit skeptical of the whole Basma thing at first. How can an unflavored leaf impart a vanilla type aroma/taste? You can learn more about Basma here. At any rate, I filled a pipe that I had been reluctant to dedicate to English blends (my Tinsky author) and went to town (see what I did there?). The charring light was strange. Flavors that I had never experienced before hit my palate and danced around like tiny tobacco sprites, sprinkling joy and wonder across my tongue.

Calm down, Will... take it slow.

I tamped down the fluff, lightly, and settled in for a bowl of amazing. The whole bowl thus far has been delightful. I'm still smoking it as I write, and it's becoming one of my favorite tobaccos. The taste is lightly sweet, with a smokey overtone. Almost a flavor of vanilla cream, but not in an overbearing way. It's just kind of in the background, waiting to periodically let you know it's there. The Latakia makes itself known, but again not in an overbearing way. The balance of this blend is top notch, and it has taken me by surprise. Some may have read my post not too long ago about Lat blends. If not, I'm sure it's around here somewhere. Essentially, I hated them at first. Now, I'm not sure how I ever could have turned these away. I will no doubt be ordering at least two more 100g tins with my next order, and orders thereafter will have at least one tin of this if my supply is low or not. I don't think it will ever be a daily smoke for me, even as much as I like it. This needs to be smoked sparingly, just so I don't get burned out on it. A few times a week, it will grace my bowl and make my day.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Well D'uh.

Frog Morton on the Town is exceptionally yummy tobacco.

In other news, sometimes after work I find fuzzy things between my toes.

:roflmao:

3. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

A day without latakia is a day wasted! [​IMG]

4. Joew

Joew Member

I need to order some of this Ive been wanting to try it and this post just made it official.

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Im glad you are enjoying yours :) my first FMOTT experience was terrible, wow i hate it lol, and still trying to trade it off in the trading section lol. I guess everybody has different tastes cause i cant see how anybody likes it but i am a aromatic smoker so who knows lol.

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Bubba, I would advise holding on to all of your English tobaccos. Latakia can be weird and offputting, and I won't even tell you how embarrassing my first run-in with it was (like, I thought the tobacconist was having a little joke). But it can grow on you. I don't say for sure it will, but I know many pipe smokers who were at first disgusted by it, including myself, who are now latakia-heads, and can't believe that Gawith screwed up commonwealth mixture by including so much virginia. And that stuff's half and half. :startle:

7. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

I love Frog Morton Original sooo much that I ordered some FMATP which arrived today which I will try on the way home. I'm hoping that its just as good or better.
    In the last couple of week I've been trying lots of different blends which is getting out of hand as I keep spending $$ on tobacco that I'm only using a little of but I keep on going back to Frog.
    So I'm hoping this new one is good too.
    Cheers Rolf.

8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Member

I'm real glad you found FMOTT and enjoy it. It's been one of my favorites for a long time (as made obvious by my posting on any thread that contains the name of the blend) :whistle:

When I found out that McC 5110 is the bulk version of this, I started collecting quart jars of it instead of 100 gm tins. Just something to think about when the refill time comes.
    Dan

9. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Tried across the pond tonight and I think I prefer original, not sure why but just tastier I think. Maybe the sweeter blends are not for me.

10. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Same here. Plus, I've got half a dozen half pint jars for dipping into.
    I think the best part was sticking my head in the bag after loading a few jars and taking a good sniff! :cheers:

11. cmw00

cmw00 Member

I bought a tin yesterday in a break between classes at school. I let it sit open while I was in my last class to dry some. It felt a little damp to me, but what do I know. Smoked a couple bowls yesterday evening. It had been a long time since I'd tried OTT, and it was way better than I remember! I had to control myself to keep from smoking it to hard!

12. jvergen

jvergen Member

I just tried Frog morton orignal based on the reviews I have read here and liked it a lot( very smooth and earthy and a small amount of spice). Can you guys tell me how( on the town) differs from orignal?

13. jhe888

jhe888 Member

I just got a tin of FMATP, and I am a fan, so I will likely try the other Froggy tobaccos over time.

14. Rider

Rider Member

:0laugh: :roflmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.