Frog Morton OTT

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Doogie, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogie

Doogie Member

This is my second tobacco I have tried. I started with 2 Oz of a Cherry Black Aromatic blend from the local B&M, of which I have maybe 0.5 Oz left.

When I first cracked the tin and took a wiff, I was like holy crap this stuff smells like A$$. How could this possibly taste well smoking. Boy was I wrong. This stuff is great and I think that it will be one of my go to tobaccos.

Paid 12.00 for 50 grams.

Thanks PSF, I never would have tried this stuff if I hadn't found this forum. Gotta go give the boy a bath.

D-

Gary likes this.
  2. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

It's some good stuff. I've been alternating smokes between FMOTT and Ol Limey Bastard for a while now. The Frog is staying in my rotation for the foreseeable future.

3. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

If you like that, try some Dunhill Early Morning Pipe if you have the chance. I like Frog Morton OTT and found EMP tingled my taste buds also.

flipflops likes this.
  4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! FMOTT is my favorite Frog.

5. Ashley Boyd

Ashley Boyd Member

I have a tin on the way, can't wait to give it a try. Have a tin of Frog Morton on the Bayou that I have not opened, so it will be given a test burn before too long.

6. jhe888

jhe888 Member

People seem to generally like the Frogs. Unless one is a real English tobacco hater, most people seem to like them.

7. jgstudios

jgstudios Member

FMOTT is my favorite frog blend so far. I've tried all 4 and On The Town is my go-to tobacco, I'd say On The Bayou is next, but only if I run out of OTT. Since I started this tobacco thing, I've also found I have a real fondness for Ten Russians, but it's strong stuff for sure. Got to be in the mood, but there are so many things to try in between OTT and 10 ruskies. Yeah, it's a fun ride...JG

8. Capt

Capt Active Member

I remember way back when, the first time I smelled Latakia was in Crown Achievement. How anybody could smoke it was beyond me.

OTT is by far by favorite of the series.

9. flipflops

flipflops Member

Early Morning Pipe is great and is, in my opinion, a half step up from FMOTT when I want something with just a little more kick. I love FMOTT as it is very smooth and relaxing.

CalPiper likes this.
  10. smokey422

smokey422 Member

FMOTT is also my favorite Frog, although I have only tried it and the original. It's a nice mellow smoke and I believe I gave it 3 stars on TR.com.

Smokey

11. Ashley Boyd

Ashley Boyd Member

Had my first bowl of FMOTT this evening, and I am very pleased with my first impression. All though it was in a new cob, so had a little hint of fresh cob burning, I still enjoyed the smoke. I am sure it will be even nicer in one of my briars or once the cob has a nice char built up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.