Frog morton OTT

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by MikeInMaine, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

Does FrogMorton come in bulk? I think this would be a good candidate for a group buy if it does.

2. PatDreadful

PatDreadful Member

Nope. They just tin the FM line which is a shame because FMOTB is one of my Top 3 smokes. I just have to stock up when I find a sale online.

TheMadMan likes this.
  3. MikeInMaine

Too bad. Let me know if you spot a sale. I got 2 samples from Sorringowl and now On th Town is my favorite tobacco. I need to get some.

Mington likes this.
  4. PatDreadful

PatDreadful Member

I certainly will. On a related note, I just got outbid on a tin from '98 on the 'bay this afternoon. I got sniped at the last minute.

I have two B&M's that sell the Frog Mortons. One is $22 for 100 grams and the other is $15 for 100 grams so I usually pick them locally but I would suggest signing up for the mailing lists for all of the majoy e-retailers. They will run free shipping or offer discount codes where you can get a 100 gram tin for under $15 shipped.

5. Marker

Marker Active Member

I love FMOTT. Just got some FMOTB from Russ and I am hoping to try that soon.

6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

OTT is a favorite of mine as well - the only Frog I smoke, although I haven't tried the newest one yet.

7. MikeInMaine

My B&M is going to order some for me. They have good prices and no shipping fee. I told the lady to get a bunch so I could stock up.

8. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

on the bayou is nice. I tried it for the 1st time last week. I think its a bit more smokey then on the town and has less of that nutty taste but still very good.

9. PatDreadful

PatDreadful Member

There is something about the creamy, salty smoke of FMOTB that hooked me immediately and made me a Perique fan for life. I've tried the other variations but none were as complex (at least to my tongue) as OTB.

With that said, all of the blends are very subtle and extremely delicate. Hands down, some of my favorite blends.

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

11. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

I've had a tin of OTT and one of OTB aging for about 3 years now...think I'll have to crack the OTB here in the next week or so, I'd forgotten that I had it and now that the weather's a little cooler (only 90 degrees!) I need something to start the transition to my cold-weather smokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.