1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Frog Morton OTT

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Njemt527, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

Jul 8, 2010
    So I was on smoking pipes.com looking for some snuff and accessories. We never have Frog Morton around here to buy, so I ordered some to try as my first english blend. Any tips or recommendation for smoking it.
  2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Most of the frogs have always arrived rather wet IMO. I have had to leave tins cracked for up to a week to get them to my preferred moisture content. Other than that, all the frogs are a great intro to english style blends. As this is your 1st english and your not guaranteed to like it (can't imagine why though) you may want to grab a cob so as not to ghost any of your regular burners.
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    I'll go one further and say that it's impossible to dry Frog Morton satisfactorily. FMoTT may not be quite so.... suspiciously rubbery. I don't remember any issues with it. It's tasty!
  4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    i agree with sas (the horror). even well dried it has some magical quality that causes it to turn into molasses as it burns.

also, let me know if you're going to be anywhere near where i work. i have some quality snuffs you can have some of, i don't use them as much as i used to. they've been well kept.
  5. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Dec 10, 2009

I like all the Frog Morton blends with "On the Town" being my favorite. There is a strong latakia taste to it, but I like that. I agree that if you don't have a pipe dedicated to english or latakia blends you might want to get one as the tobacco may ghost your pipe. Never had a any trouble with it being overly wet or having it leave some sort of goo in the pipe. On the Town is in my regular rotation. I love it. Enjoy!

6. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

May 2, 2010
    On The Town is a bit sweeter than regular FM but heavy on the Latakia as Boomer-Z states. It comes fairly moist but not like goopy aromatics. I've never had to let it sit out and dry and still get superb smokes from it. It's my second favorite English right now behind GL Pease's Westminster. I hope you enjoy it!!
  7. hagbard

hagbard Member

May 23, 2010
    Yeah it's a little sweeter than FM or FMOTB. It's also a little lighter I would say. It seems to be a rather delicate blend. Not as delicate as FMATP though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.