frog question

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Hi everyone,
    So im doing some DGT today with some Frog Morton on the town. Ive had the tin for a few weeks now and today was the 1st time i opened the tin. I Probably should have let the tin open for a few hours? because I had to re light every 2nd minute and when i wasnt re lighting the smoke was very thin but for a few seconds after a light the smoke was very thick and white then would drop down to a thin smoke and then extinguish.

So up to now i got half way into the bowl and the ashes are very dusty like and there was no bite what so ever, the smoke was very cool and i had a bit of a cedar smell and i could sometimes taste a bit of a nutty sweetness and no after taste what so ever. Besides the constant relight this was very nice.
    So did you guys have the same problem as me ?

2. David Emond

well i went down for a smoke break and i only had to light it up once so i awnsered my own question sorry guys hehe
    next time ill leave the tobacco in the bowl for a hour or so before i light up.

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend letting the whole tin air out at once. First of all it will take a while for that to even work, but additionally the stuff in the can, if left unjarred, will dry out on it's own, but this will significantly accelerate the process and do the tobaccos no favors. I would suggest only drying the tobacco you're about to smoke, bowl by bowl. It's slightly more time consuming to do this than just leave the jar open, but I'd rather do that than have to worry about rehydrating the tobacco later.

4. David Emond

Thanks Nesta, ill switch the tobacco into some jars tonight and ill do the drying out in the bowl technique from now on. Thanks for the suggestion :)
    ahhhh now back to work hehe

5. David Emond

So today was probaly my last frog Morton at work lol. My coworker liked it allot but my boss hated it, she said it smelled like fungus lol not that I know how fungus smells like he he.

6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Give her time, she'll get used to it eventually ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.