1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Full(er) Bent Cob.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by DGErwin11, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

A while back someone posted about wanting a full bent cob. That made me go hmm.

I bought a Legend and smoked it just enough to soften the glue so I could pull the shank. I then cut the end of the shank at a 45 degree angle. Next I elongated the hole in the bowl vertically using a round file and sharp knife. When I got close enough to the shape I wanted, I reinserted the shank so it was flush (sort of) with the wall of the chamber. I filled the gaps with Elmer's Wood Filler and let it set up.

Next I dropped one of my spare MM straight Danish stems into a pot of boiling water. After a few minutes I pulled it out, stuck a pipe cleaner through it and bent it to the desired shape. I had to sand down the tenon slightly to get it to fit.

Since the Legend is a soft bottom cob, and there no longer is a shank extension to protect it, I mudded it with a white dirt/water mixture . White dirt BTW is Georgia kaolin clay.

Now I will try to post some pics. The one with 3 pipes is Country Gentleman, my creation and a Dr G Omega for comparison purposes. https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...1&disp=thd&realattid=1378333770164786189-1&zw

Click the above link to see pic

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Try posting again, dg. The pic is 16 pixels x 16 pixels, which appears as a tiny dot on my iPod. Interested to see the results.

3. DGErwin11

4. DGErwin11

Did this work for you?

5. Beale

Beale Active Member

Yes that did work. Well done! Beale.

6. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

How about this OOM COB that was posted sometime ago on this forum under a thread I think was called "Frankencob"......

7. DGErwin11

That is radical!

8. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I think the cob turned out great!

WyoBob

9. DGErwin11

Thank you. I hope the wood fill holds up.

10. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Nice pipe, now try it again, else it was a fluke!

11. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Is it that hard to just buy am OOM Paul?

12. rphillips

rphillips Member

Oh man, MM needs to start making some cobs like that. I've long wondered about doing a very similer mod to one of my cobs but have hesitated, now I think I'll go for it. Ver nicely done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.