1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Furious--tell us about your Boswell trip

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Russell Hartman, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Furious you told us you were going to stop in at Boswells on your way to Pittsburgh. I am excited to hear about your visit. Tell me, and the others here what you thought. You know I gotta know if you picked up any new pipes. PLEASE---tell us about it.

Lestrade and HCraven like this.
  2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I hope he took plenty of pictures!

3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

4. Russell Hartman

Guys I gotta tell you as a Boswell pipe nut---well I was excited to hear about a fellow piper stopping there---I really am excited to hear about his trip---FURIOUS--are you out there???????????

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

:popc::dkn:
    Maybe he's still there...

Archer likes this.
  7. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

That's cool. We'll wait. :toast:

Kiowapipe likes this.
  8. furious

furious Junque collector

LOL, sorry gents but was basically off the grid this weekend. Went to Boswell's on Friday and it was a great experience!! Pulled into Chambersburg around 2 PM and walked right in to the shop. Was greeted immediately by Dan with a firm handshake and he showed me around. We looked at pipes on the wall and then he motioned to someone in the back and three more trays of fresh pipes were brought out. Unbelievable shapes and various sizes and stains. He then asked me if I would like to fill a pipe while I looked around, which I did. Brought an old Pete Deluxe that I filled up with No Bite Delite. Very nice Burley blend by the way. I looked, and I looked, and I looked. There was a small group of regulars sitting in the front of the shop and I talked with them for a bit. At last, I decided on a carved poker, as I've always wanted a nice sitter in my collection. I told Dan I was ready and he offered me an ounce of a tobacco of choice gratis with the pipe. I chose Dan's Blend as Rewster recommended. Was in the shop for all of an hour and the time went by very quickly. Thanked Dan for the hospitality and shoved off for Pittsburgh. The first smoke in that pipe later that evening was very memorable. Should have bought a pound of that stuff. Thank God for mail order!! Will post pics later tonight. Thank you all for the advice!! I will be making a return visit soon.

9. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

That's it... I need to drive the 2 hours south on 81 to Boswell's!!!!!

Mington likes this.
  10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Wait till March for a get together in the works...

Glad to hear you had a good visit! I am going more frequently every year.

11. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

COOL!!!! Please keep me updated!!!!:th1:

12. Russell Hartman

GOOD TO HEAR----I was hoping you enjoyed yourself----By the way did you get to handle a Grizzly, or any of the Jumbo pipes while you were there?

13. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Can't wait to see that pipe! Sounds like a really nice experience. Will probably never make it there myself, but will definitely have to pick up a Boswell one of these days. Thanks for sharing that!

14. furious

furious Junque collector

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Here it is....

IrishRover, Mington, ol gto and 2 others like this.
  15. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Good looking pipe!

16. Russell Hartman

Thanks for sharing the picture---My wish to you----may you receive great pleasure from you r new pipe.

17. prole

prole Member

Great looking pipe. You've got me really looking forward to a trip up to B's this next saturday.

18. furious

furious Junque collector

Thanks, fellas. Pleased to report that after a few bowls it smokes nice and cool. Wish the chamber held a bit more, but that just gives me an excuse to pick up another one on my next trip, which should happen this spring. Definitely a must-stop if you are anywhere near southern PA. Would like to add a jumbo to my collection next time! Oh, and unfortunately there were no Grizzlies in the shop for me to check out.

19. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Sounds like a nice trip!! Excellent looking pipe too! Looks like a 5 hour trip for me.

20. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Join us in March! Details in the events portion of the tread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.