1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Fvf burn fast?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by CMAsailor, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Anyone else think it burns quicker than most? I cant seem to get more than 20 min out of my MM Country Gentleman.

Such a bittersweet tobacco, tastes wonderful, hard to find, and now Burns relatively quick. Buggar.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I don't recall thinking that when smoking SG FVF. Try rubbing it out a little you'll get more in the bowl.

3. Scottly

Scottly Member

Are you rubbing it out or stuffing it? I would think not rubbed out it would last longer. I just smoked FVF in a KS Savinelli got about 45 minutes out of it, I rubbed it out. Have not had it in a cob this year. My MM CG bowl is pretty narrow and I only get about 20 minutes out of it loaded up with Carter Hall.

4. DocB

DocB Active Member

I smoked a bowl last week, folded and stuffed in a larger Pete. Burned for about an hour. But mine isn't any of the recent product, so I don't suppose it holds any bearing on your experience.

5. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

I fold then cannonball/knead in the palm of my hand so it's not quite crumbleflake but there are leftover bits perfect for the top layer and lighting... I guess it's about as subjective as everything else huh

6. furious

furious Junque collector

Usually get about 45 mins. with FVF fully rubbed out in most of my typical billiards about Dunhill #5 size...

7. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

I get most of an hour in a grp 6 partially rubbed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.