Garrard County Heritage Tobacco Festival

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by davidmackv, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Don't know how many of you all live where they have fall festivals, but I went to our's today. I took my new Boswell pipe and was smoking some Boswell Best. I got several comments on how good the aroma smelled. I also went to a local wood workers booth and he had some hand made key chains that I purchased that looked like a nice tamper. I will post photos soon.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun, but we don't have fall festivals in Texas until after Labor Day. It's was 105* here today, so didn't feel very "fall". :)

Being a tobacco festival really sounds interesting. What kind of stuff was going on? Did they serve beer and food?

3. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Yeah, they had the usual stuff. Homemade lemonade, funnel cakes, blooming onions etc... Lots of craft booths. It was 87 here today. My son was in the parade, because he is in marching band for the local high school.

4. BradNTX

I could deal with some 87* festival temps. :ohyh:

5. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Shoot Brad, I am sitting outside this mornin smoking and it is 70 with only a high expected of 78 today. My favorite weather. My wife might never get me back in the house. I could smoke all day.

6. BradNTX

Geesh, it was 109* on the highway, and is 106* even up in the hills where we live. Too little rain and too much sun. We could use some 70 - 78 here! I'd be sitting out on the deck smoking a bowl and reading a book too. You'll have to enjoy it for me until we get our share.

7. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Summer can't last forever, you all will get some relief shortly.

BradNTX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.