1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Gave the postman a coffee today!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Old Ted, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Yep! - he couldn't stay long, but appreciated a quick cup of my coffee!, not though - as much as me with that parcel he had just brought!. This was my first foray into mail order tobacco, a trial bag of McLellands Classic Flake - 2010, and it took just seven days to cross the water...pretty good! - I thought. On opening the bag, I got the impression that some of that brown sauce that I like on my french fries had got in there, LOL - good thing I like it!. This gave a little trepidation! - certainly nothing like my regular brown flakes smell, but I need not have worried. I've smoked a couple of bowls, and it's good - but I think it will need to dry out for a lot longer than I'm used to - to get the best from it, as I had to relight several times and did get a bit of bite! - obviously too damp. Well now I'm inspired! and thinking what to make my next trial order.....if she does not confiscate my card! :eek:hyeah:
    Cheers, OT

2. Eddie

Eddie Member

did you get hit for duty etc?

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I give my postman venison jerky .. he freaks over it ! 7 days is quick ! Whoever youre using is a keeper at that speed ! Enjoy

4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.....ssssshhhh!!

5. Eddie

Eddie Member

OK :whistle:

6. Major

Major Member

He must be using Mr McFelley's Speedy Delivery Service. http://pbskids.org/rogers/R_house/speedydelivery/speedy.html because Lord knows nobody else would have gotten it there sooner (save maybe Fedex).

Good Work Mr. McFeely :thewave:

7. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Hi Old Ted. Just want to say, you're a good man! I'll bet the coffee you gave your postman tasted extra special to him. This is what you'ld expect from a true gentleman. Wish there were more like you. Hats off to you, OT.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.