1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BluesGuy, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Went on a sampling spree the other day......I'd never tried any of GH&C tobaccos...so I ordered an once of the following.
    Bright CR Flake
    Bosun Cut Plug Unscented
    Broken Scotch Cake
    Best Brown #2 Flake
    Dark Flake Unscented
    Brown Flake Unscented

Have tried a bowl of each......the Scotch Cake....not so much...dry as a bone reminded me of H&H Marble Cake....not impressed with either.
    The Bosun Cut Plug......man now I understand what people were talking about .....a definite perfume smell /taste.....but kind of interesting.....I can see smoking it every once in a while...Best Brown # 2 much the same........Brown Flake..Dark Flake and CR Flake........were good......did not have nearly the perfume to it.......will have to start putting some of each in bulk in the cellar I think.

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Careful! That stuff will hook you! I thought that putting that perfumy crap in tobacco was heresy, and now I smoke a ton of it, particularly Brown Flake, Kendal Flake, Louisiana Flake, Glengarry Flake, Ennerdale Flake (a definite pattern here) as well as Bright & Burley. My favorite tobacco blender!

3. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Changed my mind.....this stuff ghosts like crazy....even my Meers......will not be buying anymore. I'll shove the rest in jars and leave it till I'm on my death bed and wont care about ghosts.

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Heh, heh... you'll be back! ;)

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just get a cob or a decent but inexpensive pipe to dedicate to the stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.