1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

GBD City & Everyman and some Comoys

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

McCranies just got in a load of vintage Comoys and GBD's. All NOS or was in somebody's collection and liquidated. Either way, this is a great way to get a "New-Old" pipe that's "New"! :)

I know Dub's "into" GBD's Everyman pipes, and I'd scored a City Natural a few months ago along with smoking GBD's Churchwardens, great pipes all of them!

Supposedly more will be coming in, I guess somebody is cashing in on their collection or it's an estate buyout. Either way, these pipes are unsmoked and in box! Great score for anyone who partakes.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Member

Churchwardens!? Huh? What?

3. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

60$ for a fracking Digby? McCranie is high on false drugs.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wonder how much for a doodler ? lol

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Already bought three pipes
    this month. I'm PAD'd out!

dp

6. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i'm just shocked and appalled that 40 bucks seems to be the going price for my beloved guildhalls on ebay these days. i've actually switched to buying parkers just because of that. thanks for the heads up, puff :)

can i get a link to mccranies though?

7. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Here you go:

http://mccranies.com/store/

I've got to agree I find their prices a bit "out there". I picked up a Kaywoodie 500 from their ebay store a while back, and although it smokes fine, I felt they weren't very accurate describing its condition. Caveat Emptor!

8. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Have you looked lately? Cuz it looks like ~$40 is the going rate for Parkers too.

9. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

you know, i'm used to paying 30-40 bucks for a parker, and in my world, 40 bucks for a dunhill second (that i've had better results with than dunhills) isn't a bad deal. what i'm not used to is guildhall, which i never used to pay more than 20 for with shipping, suddenly being the same price as name brand comoys, and as expensive or more expensive than parkers. everymans (while the smoking quality is the same) are a step down from guildhall (usually they screwed up the exterior shaping) and even they're getting pretty pricey now, which does not make for a happy dub.

PS thanks for the link bri :)

10. atwageman

atwageman Member

I was in the store when those pipes came in. I purchased some choice pieces before they went up on the web for sale. All total they got in around 100 pipes and there are only about 13 left. I also know where the pipes came from, but I'm not at liberty to say.....so don't ask.

For grins and giggles some of the pipes were put on ebay with "by it now" and the pipes were not even up 10 minutes and they were sold.

11. len smetona

len smetona Member

I actually have a McCrannie pipe. I guess they had their own brand?

It is a large, rustic, lovat. When I get a chance I will post a pic.

Smoked the the other night, it was great! I would not fire it up often, it has a huge bowl.

Len S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.