Germain's Brown Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Deckard, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I recently got a tin of this wonderful stuff through the generosity of a fellow PSFer. I'm about halfway through it now and all I can say is: wow. Its mellow, sweet, very rich and dense in the mouth, seems impossible to bite, and I've been smoking more of it than anything else these days. But of course its one of those blends that nobody ever seems to have in stock, which itself isn't that bad, I was planning on just waiting till the next time it pops up at my favorite e-tailers and then pouncing on a dozen tins or so. Worryingly, it is no longer listed under J.F. Germain and Sons products on their website. Does anyone know the deal on this? Is this blend no more? Oh, say it ain't so.

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

Deckard,

Germain's Brown Flake is indeed a good smoke, I haven't smoked any in years though but I did notice a couple of tins at my local pipe shop just the other day when I was there. If it's still in production I don't know, their tins may be old stock too. I'll ask about availability next time I go there and will let you know.

3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I'd appreciate that, thanks.

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

It looks like pipesandtobacco.com has it listed HERE.

Bri2k

5. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I think eventually you will see it back, but I don't think any retailers got any in the last shipment. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.