1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

German ceramic pots

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by WillH, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillH

WillH Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Damn! All time and I never knew!

Been trying to get the idea through my head. How much wine, I wonder. Seems it wouldn't do much if the bottom wasn't completely full of wine. The gurgle would be horrible. Then, if you just added a little wine what would that effect be? Me thinks, nutten! :dunno:

Dunno! Time to research....

Thanks mucho!

2. rusty

rusty Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Iv seen these on my travels, well not that far, but liked the look of them. Just thought they were for show, and as for the wine Id never have guessed? Im thinking it sounds like they work on a similar principle to the hubbly bubbly pipes do they?
  3. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I think Will is going to have to be the test bed.
    Top her up and see what happens, maybe a liitle fortified wine would be nice. If it's tasty I may have to get one. It could be just the thing for after diinner. With the long stem nothing should have the chance of regurgitating all the way to the top.
    The gurgling may be good if you don't swallow.
  4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

Yes my guess would be that they'd work the same as a hookah - but of course Germany did have colonial posessions in Africa and the Dunube runs down to Istanbul so probably the idea'd have been picked up that way.

I've very limited experience of a water pipe, but I know you can put various flavouings such as sherbet into the water and I have heard of different wines and even watered down brandy or flavoured vodka being used. Don't know how it'd taste - I only tried a hookah once in Tunisia and found it so frustrating that I gave up and treated the other patrons on the cafe to Condor from my Falcon! Philistine Infidel at work!

Would love to hear how it goes though,

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Naughty guy! I bet those patrons never smoked anything else but Condor in their hookahs from that day onwards [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.