1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

German Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bandlwalmer, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

My sister's husband has been stationed in Germany (he is in the Army) and she has told me about all the pipe shops over there. I am thinking about having her pick up a pipe for me, but I was wondering what name I should have her look for. I would like a pipe that is from a German carver, but is on the lower end of the price scale. Does any one know of any that might be good? Thanks!!!

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Vauen makes some less expensive pipes I think look like hell, but rather interesting regardless. Not my thing, the ones I'm specifically thinking of, but they DO make some affordable pipes and from what I've heard they are a good brand. Never smoked from one though.

3. gic

gic Member

I also advice having a Vauen. It is a very good quality pipe, i have one and i can state it is a good smoker. Pipes are created in all shape categtories just like other famous brands do (ie Peterson). You can check here: http://www.vauen.de/en/
    Just be prepared, in theory Vauen (and i think all german pipe makers) makes only 9mm filtered pipes. I'm sure there are some filterless pieces but will harder to find them..

4. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks for that link. I saw some nice looking pipes, Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.