Gettysburg Cigar Shop

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by MakDragon, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I just bought a new Peterson pipe from this store and a variety of his tobaccos named after the generals of the Civil War. Wow! What a great place and guy! I smoked General Buford and have to try the rest, but it was excellent!

2. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Where is this pipe shop located? I will be in Gettysburg next week.

3. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

523 Baltimore. Right O'Rourkes Irish Pub is in the middle of the "Y" in the road and it is to the left behind the Pub. I really like the shop. Lots of nice pipes. As I see, you're a LOTR fan, as am I, and they have a magnificent LOTR pipe there. $275 I think, but its cool. Let me know how you make out and if you would, tell the gentleman that owns it (long beard) that I am thoroughly enjoying the Peterson and the tobaccos!!

4. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Did u happen to run by Boswells while u were there? I am goin too.

5. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I was so mad at myself for missing it!!! I live in NE Pa and took 81 south. My choices were to continue on 81 south or do the 15 to 30 way. I chose 81 to Chambersburg so I could stop there. Problem was, I went east towards Gettysburg and I was supposed to go west for less than a mile! So angry at myself!!! I should get a smart phone! Next time!

6. Max Gunner

Max Gunner Member

I visited there this morning. Picked up some General Chamberlain. Good medium/full English blend. Nice shop, but tin prices are high (IMHO).

7. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Agreed on the tins. Pipe prices were good and his blends were reasonable. Great guy to talk with as well.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Sounds like a nice shop ! No foo foo :th1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.