1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

GH Bright CR vs. SG Best Brown

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Fbones24, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocB

DocB Active Member

I really like the Lakelands as well, but it's like... If I want essence, I want ESSENCE. The subtle hints of it just don't do it for me when I smoke it. I am really wanting some Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo, because I hear that it's this.....^^^^^^^^:beck:

Albert likes this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

It's like trying to drink drip coffee black when you've become accustom to french press coffee with half & half and a tiny drop of almond extract. It doesn't taste bad, just not quite right.

Snake and Albert like this.
  3. buistd

buistd Active Member

If I had to choose between the two I would go for the SG. I found Bright CR to be a little bland.

4. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Brilliant comparison snake! Never had either of the 2, but looks like I will be adding them to my next order :th1:

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Sure glad you don't use snuff or you'd go broke! :ohyh:

Snake and PipeWife like this.
  6. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

As the originator of this thread, I am glad that I finally got a chance to try these both side by side. I have to say that I agree with "Snake's" assessment of these two blends. Similar, but very different.

The BBF is definitely the richer, more flavorful smoke. The BCR is very subtle and light. I could see smoking it all day, every day and it never interfering with my daily routine. I found the BCR needed less drying than the BBF and was a little less finicky in the pipe. It burned cool and smooth.

The thing that stood out to me with the BCR was how beautiful these flakes are. They are like little works of art and the marbleization reminded me of "Starry Night." :D

There is a place for both of these in my rotation, but I think that I favor the BCR slightly. It is more subtle, which I like. The thing I enjoyed the most about it was that the Lakeland essence popped up a few times throughout the smoke. In the beginning, in the middle and at the end a few times. It felt like a game and when I got the "essence," I felt like I had won!

Snake likes this.
  7. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

I'm going to smoke BCR in my Lakeland dedicated pipe and see how that goes. Should be fun.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Oh my God .... another one . You realize that it's just you becoming jaded to a flavoring component . You are so screwed . But , no worries .... in about a year , when you cant taste anything else ..... I'll try to snag your good stuff in a trade :) :xd:

BradNTX likes this.
  9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

....mmm-okay! :D

10. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

This might be love......

......no, I'm not talking about "Snake's" admirer! :haha:

I'm talking about my love for Bright CR Flake after a few days with this stuff. I have been puffing it non stop and I am going to be buying a whole lot more of this. It's just......Easy.

Might be my first 1lbs. tobacco purchase. :bdance:

11. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Brown Flake #2 is actually their nearest to Best Brown.:)
    OT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.